aliens

Author Topic: Want to take out Men in Black and Improved Living Quarters in Final Mod Pack  (Read 763 times)

Offline Fizztron

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
I don't really believe those fit with the spirit of the game.

I have my own valid reasons for believing so.

I did not start this post to debate with anyone, and nothing you say will change my opinion on it for all eternity.

Was just wondering how I could get rid of these files from the mod pack without crashing it, or install all of the other mods for simultaneous use instead.

Appreciate any help. : )

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
It's all plain text.

Find them and delete them.

Or you can also just not use those facilities, nobody is forcing you :)

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
What Meridian says is true mainly for base living quarters. Unwanted objects are not difficult to remove. Corrections to the text of the mod will be minimal.

But the Men in Black will be a bit tricky. They have a lot of missions, prescribed in different files mod. Need to find them all and remove.
But that's not all. The Men in Black must have some place in the exploration tree FMP. And it's quite possible that without encountering these enemies once, without researching them and their equipment, you may not be able to access any other meaningful research.

When creating a large mod, each part of the mod is assigned a role. And sometimes simply removing something will leave too big a hole in the gameplay.

But I can't say unequivocally. In the Final Mod Pack I played a long time ago and one of the very old versions. I don't remember the details of the research.

Offline Fizztron

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
What Meridian says is true mainly for base living quarters. Unwanted objects are not difficult to remove. Corrections to the text of the mod will be minimal.

But the Men in Black will be a bit tricky. They have a lot of missions, prescribed in different files mod. Need to find them all and remove.
But that's not all. The Men in Black must have some place in the exploration tree FMP. And it's quite possible that without encountering these enemies once, without researching them and their equipment, you may not be able to access any other meaningful research.

When creating a large mod, each part of the mod is assigned a role. And sometimes simply removing something will leave too big a hole in the gameplay.

But I can't say unequivocally. In the Final Mod Pack I played a long time ago and one of the very old versions. I don't remember the details of the research.
I've begun doing so and I'm running into "Wrong index 1151 for surface set BIGOBS.PCK" errors.

How do I redo the indexs for the now shifted objects?