Author Topic: That was Epic  (Read 1230 times)

Offline Goth

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
That was Epic
« on: January 19, 2023, 03:44:08 pm »
 I have been playing 2.5 since it first released and just finished today. I have to say that game was absolutely Epic. I did cheat a bit to get through on Genius level but not too much. I killed over 14000 enemies and captured 2100, encountered 5300 UFOs and shot down something like 4000 of them by games end in a campaign lasting 7 years.
 I am going to download 2.7 now and start a new campaign but on an easier level with a no cheat rule.
 Thank you for this excellent game, its an absolute Blast!!!

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
Re: That was Epic
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2023, 09:34:06 pm »
I made some alterations myself. My first task was changing some base facilities. Stores were way to small and prison limits made me bananas.
I increased those generously. Then I made one soldier my sniper. Gave him 150 firing accuracy. This helped me combat the mansions and manors.

The toughest was the terror missions. There was no getting around those. It was like the Aliens were freebasing plasma on every turn. That and the ships turrets sent in me into a tizzy.

Congrats on your completion. I finished it on.. "New Years eve". It was gratifying as catching the
Spoiler:
Grand master Enthral
was a bit challenging for me. This is needed in order to access Cydonia.

Offline Xylon666Darkstar

• Captain
  • "With Doom, We Come."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2023, 06:43:17 am »
Commendations system, my beloved. Create for me my super soldiers. God bless Corrections Officer, Night Owl/Aquanaut, Master of {X}, and Tasemaster.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2023, 01:30:37 am »
Thank you for staying until the end! Really glad it was fun enough to spend this time on playing.

And I hope you will revisit the mod in the future, as I'm still working hard on it and hopefully making it better. :)

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2023, 11:57:17 am »
And I hope you will revisit the mod in the future

I've been playing this mod a second time and I have seen a lot of new things I didn't see the first time around. Including the Reptoid missions (with the viper). I must have skimmed right over it before.

Can't say enough good things about this game.