aliens

Author Topic: [WIP][OXCE][UFO] X-Com: Terror From the Unknown (TFTU)  (Read 82160 times)

Offline Hyukoroo

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP][OXCE][UFO] X-Com: Terror From the Unknown (TFTU)
« Reply #165 on: January 07, 2024, 05:00:50 pm »
I get ya, currently experiencing some painful moments as I admit, that there are many choices for crafts, weapons and researches after a mission or two. It appears that lazers are good all rounders but i also am wondering when conventional weapons are actually able to be dropped. Currently going to do another run with it as I currently have lost to a cultist mission, first one I had seen and was woefully under prepared. Oddly enough purchasing heavy armor for my troops was not that expensive but was unable to equip it to them. Other than that I had been enjoying it all

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 10, 2024, 04:06:25 am »
I get ya, currently experiencing some painful moments as I admit, that there are many choices for crafts, weapons and researches after a mission or two. It appears that lazers are good all rounders but i also am wondering when conventional weapons are actually able to be dropped. Currently going to do another run with it as I currently have lost to a cultist mission, first one I had seen and was woefully under prepared. Oddly enough purchasing heavy armor for my troops was not that expensive but was unable to equip it to them. Other than that I had been enjoying it all

Ufopedia has information on what armor needs to be made for what class of infantry. As for lasers, they are distinguished by their accuracy, while plasma destroys armor even when it does not penetrate it, Gaus ignores 50% of the target’s armor, and Acoustic weapons have the most powerful damage and stopping effect. Thus, relying on heavy armor is not the best solution. It has worse visibility and speed of movement and no camouflage devices. That is, there are tactics for using heavy armor, with the total use of smoke, and fragile reconnaissance drones, or for storming colonies, where in narrow passages light armor loses almost all its advantages, but in open areas camouflage works better than strong armor.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 04:17:27 am by Ethereal »

Offline Dmitry

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 12, 2024, 09:15:19 pm »
Вроде как последняя версия исправления для русскоязычных ресурсов

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 16, 2024, 09:32:52 am »
Вроде как последняя версия исправления для русскоязычных ресурсов

Спасибо, товарищ. Исправления будут учтены, но обновление будет, судя по всему, не скоро. Переводчик в запое, хоть самому переводи гуглом...