aliens

Author Topic: question about Abeba Tewolde  (Read 878 times)

Offline Marrik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
question about Abeba Tewolde
« on: December 05, 2022, 01:05:26 am »
Is there a mission to go and capture her?

Also, if she's supposed to be Ethiopian, why is she white?

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Re: question about Abeba Tewolde
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 02:04:43 am »
Not that I know of. Why would a random likely pyrokinetic be of such specific interest to X-Com, anyway?

In fact, a lot of the dossiers are of pretty random people who might have been atmospheric as an intro to the cults, but aren't really all that special once you have access to the definitely strange mainstream cultists. There are also some general ambient stories which, again, would have been better as setting the atmosphere in a game without so much unearthly stuff straight from the beginning, not to mention how long getting some of the dossiers can take.

Others are, of course, much more interesting. Lo Wo, Natasha, Natalya, Gertrude, Dr. Alpha, Agent Trauma, Shadowman...

Eh, you take what you can get.

As to her Ethiopian origins, no idea. That's almost straight from wolfreal's post with only a little editing. I imagine some of the people who identify as Amhara might be rather white-ish, or just look the part due to lighting. I mean, this guy looks pretty pale in the photo:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 02:14:05 am by Juku121 »

Offline Moth_Of_Decay

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: question about Abeba Tewolde
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 04:01:04 am »
This isn't an answer to your question - but this subject makes me realize that having more special VIP dossier capture missions early in the game would be a really good addition. I never get seem to get any until the cults are pretty much defeated, and in an earlier version of the mod I literally encountered some of the missions AFTER their associated cult had been wiped out.