Author Topic: Converting 2x2 unit images stored in Falko's HWP Tool's template style.  (Read 917 times)

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
If someone has a method could you please convert the two attached images into their correct frame split for use with Drawing Routine 5 (Sectopod), it would be of great help.

Both images are in Falko's HWP template layout and use the Terror From The Deep palette format.

Spoiler:

It appears that Falko's Modding Tool site is down so sadly I can't make use of that excellent HWP tool.

He did upload his source files HERE ( falkooxc2.zip ), but unfortunately hwpbuild.html didn't just run when I opened the html file.

UnitSprite Studio looks like it has support for drawing routine 5 (Sectopod) but I can't run the program from this computer.

My other thought was to reverse the operation of Buscher's "Merge 2x2 Spritesheet Tool" so that it split images laid out in Falko's HWP template style instead of recombining them.

So far my python skills haven't been up to the task of making sense of merge_2x2_spritesheet.py enough yet to pull it off though.

My last resort is to slowly cut up the images by hand and match each frame to an existing split image for a Sectopod but I'm hoping to avoid that as it would be both difficult and extremely time consuming.

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
Re: Converting 2x2 unit images stored in Falko's HWP Tool's template style.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 11:33:19 pm »
I took the liberty to create a new instance. If it bothers Falko of course I can take everything down again.

https://buscher.eu.pythonanywhere.com/

As I am using the free plan on Python Anywhere it will automatically shutdown in 3 months. Then I will need to refresh the web app. I don't know if there are any restrictions in terms of bandwidth that will matter.
If you want to replicate it yourself, you can have a look at my github.

All credits go to Falko of course. I only made a few changes to get it to run as well as writing a small guide.

Thanks to Buscher Falko's Tool is back online!

Thanks again Buscher!