aliens

Author Topic: Hybrid Embassy  (Read 970 times)

Offline Charly1

• Captain
    • View Profile
Hybrid Embassy
« on: November 20, 2022, 06:51:50 am »
Hello

I just founda Hybrid Embassy... with an 11 next to it.

I am in May 99

Should  I be worried?

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Re: Hybrid Embassy
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2022, 01:14:08 pm »
I think that just means manor #11 upgraded to said embassy, so... not very worried?

Hybrid embassies are full of tougher enemies than your regular cultists, though, and have annoying hovercraft patrols.

Offline Charly1

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 03:23:25 am »
Oh... ok

I thought that meant there were 11 Hybrid bases.

I found number one, and I still have one manor to clear.

I just cleared #1, christ was that a ball ache. I geared up with lasers on all my best guys, and they seemed pretty useless. Some of the hybrids had armor... I think mabe Black Ops Sniper Rifles with Tritanium ammo would have been better withthe accuracy damage bonus... Just wanted to try out my new toys... In the end I broke out the trusty tritanium knife...

Got 1623 points and £14m in loot... Not a bad return. Will maybe do the other base with gauss... Problem is my lack of ammo for these guns... What do I need? An alien engineer to manufacture ammo?

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2022, 04:36:03 am »
Well, you still might have 11 Hybrid bases, or bases that could upgrade to those. :D

Regarding your laser experiment, the armoured hybrid babes have just as much laser resistance as kinetic, so that adds insult to injury. Lasers are kinda disappointing since they get few perks besides just the damage type. Though there's a laser sniper down the line... pretty far down the line, sadly. About as far as Gauss weaponry.

I think I used Pulse Rifles with Alloy ammo when I went against Hybrid Embassies. Easier to purchase than manufacture yourself, and with a damage bonus post-penetration.

Gauss ammo requires Anti-Matter Containment from the interrogation lottery, in addition to Laser Weapons and Mass Driver Weapons. Probably out of your reach if you just got lasers.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 04:39:06 am by Juku121 »