aliens

Author Topic: [submod] Leeroys!  (Read 2021 times)

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
[submod] Leeroys!
« on: October 12, 2022, 10:10:47 pm »
I recently watched a new 2.6 LPer or two, at least one of whom was pretty knowledgeable, and I was just blown away how easy it is to kill even a Reaper, a whole colony of scorpions, or a pack of Abominations with nothing but dinky handguns and maybe a weak shotgun. And the biggest culprit in this happening was that all these are melee enemies who tend to mill around and not run in and try to eat your face the moment they spot food agents.

So, here's a small (really small!) leeroy-ification submod. Most melee-only enemies are leeroys now. The biggest difference you will see is in trying to repeat your usual tactics with cryptid missions. The critters won't be amused and will eat your agents.

Chryssalids, Reapers, Abominations, Gilldogs, feral aquatics, the Antarctica mission and some others are also more difficult and require some tactics now.

Will probably not be maintained very regularly. No credits claimed.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 05:41:28 pm by Juku121 »

Offline Mrvex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [submod] Leeroys!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2022, 12:03:33 pm »
Oh i like this already, one of my grudges is that creature hunts are quite boring beyond like year 1, because it boils down to Napoleon war style firing lines of soldiers, against enemies that are stumbling randomly while they are getting picked off one by one. I like how zombies were changed to charge you, not only it makes missions shorter (Which is probably the biggest factor, too many enemies that often are hiding somewhere, but its too risky to go and explore given most creatures can destroy your agents in melee, even with decent armor so its back to firing lines), it also is the perfect scenario for short ranged weapons. When its zombie slaying time, i just give every single soldier a shotgun, because everything will be at shotgun range eventually.

I know i will regret activating this mod at some point, probably will have it innactivate for early game and activate it mid game onward.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2024, 05:42:31 pm »
Updated to XCF 3.3. Well, it's more like I just randomly added some more leeroys to the mix.

Probably not that useful now that Brutal AI is around.

Offline HinterDemGlas

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2024, 08:31:02 pm »
I do feel a little cheap, turning on this mod now, in the Osprey era of my game, but it's a real time saver, problem poser and agent killer, so I very much appreciate it!

(I'm not ready for BAI)

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2024, 08:06:39 pm »
Appreciate the appreciation! :)

I also kinda liked it earlier, made for some nail-biting missions when all you had is two agents, or even four agents and a dog vs a horde of beetles.