Author Topic: Weapon Descriptions Missing Info?  (Read 896 times)

Offline DoomsterEG

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Weapon Descriptions Missing Info?
« on: August 23, 2022, 07:32:08 pm »
Hey! I just installed the latest version of OXCE and X-com Files to replay as I loved it a few years ago. All seems fine except I've noticed the weapon descriptions don't match what I remember. Didn't weapon descriptions used to tell you the reload speed and whether the weapon is concealable.
For example I have attached a image of a Colt .45 from my game, and an image from a YouTube video about 4 years ago.

Is this intentional or have I installed it wrong?

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon Descriptions Missing Info?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 08:49:06 pm »
They did. Solarius got tired of editing articles manually, some of those lines were made to be read and displayed automatically (mainly damage and accuracy scaling) and the rest you have to hunt down in the Nerdpedia (the INFO button). Note that many a value is defaulted, and you have to press another button to see what it is for a given piece of equipment.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 08:50:46 pm by Juku121 »

Offline DoomsterEG

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 08:53:11 pm »
I see, I preferred the old way of doing it but to be fair I'm not very far in yet. And I can understand why it's not done like that anymore. Thanks Juku.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2022, 10:39:03 pm »
Yeah, it was literally hell. Also, exactly why I requested this automated INFO screen, and Meridian was kind enough to do it.