Author Topic: David stole my files?  (Read 1589 times)

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
David stole my files?
« on: July 11, 2022, 03:03:14 am »
I just did the David Vincent mission, and i noticed a briefcase of Ultra Secret Files lying on the floor. For whatever reason i decided to have him (David) pick up the files and put them in his inventory. After the mission i noticed i didn't get any files. Is this a bug?

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Re: David stole my files?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2022, 08:16:35 am »
So, you gave a runaway reporter some extra-juicy secret info, and now are wondering whether him taking off with these is a bug? ???

Offline Moth_Of_Decay

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2022, 08:33:49 am »
Ha, I was literally watching The Invaders when I noticed this post.

I'm not sure I even got secret files when I did that mission, just the alien electronics. Granted that mission was an absolute nightmare so it's possible they just got destroyed on my run.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2022, 05:55:02 pm »
So, you gave a runaway reporter some extra-juicy secret info, and now are wondering whether him taking off with these is a bug? ???

Well to be fair, you were given direct control of him, AND he came back to the base with you for interrogation :P

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2022, 07:12:08 pm »
Well to be fair, you were given direct control of him, AND he came back to the base with you for interrogation :P

And these were his own files, if I recall correctly.

I think I got his pistol before, so you should still get his inventory. May be they were destroyed?

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2022, 07:29:39 pm »
I'm not sure I even got secret files when I did that mission, just the alien electronics.
There's a random item generated from a list containing Alien Electronics, Alien Data Slate and all three tiers of secret files. The two lower-level files are very prevalent, so getting either the USF or Alien stuff is the jackpot there (1/9 chance of each).

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2022, 07:47:25 pm »
I think I got his pistol before, so you should still get his inventory. May be they were destroyed?

Yeah, you should be getting it back, assuming you won the mission and the item survived.

Offline Rag

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2022, 09:07:38 pm »
I also had an issue with both David and the Assassin mission which also had the ultra secret files, if I ended the mission without putting them on the ground it didn't get added to loot, but the second time I ended the mission after putting them on the floor it did give them as loot, but after checking my research tree apparently I never researched the ultra secret files... so I don't know what happened there maybe I sold them by accident?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 11:43:12 pm by Rag »