aliens

Author Topic: Random events that can wound agents?  (Read 1046 times)

Offline mg2k22

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Random events that can wound agents?
« on: May 14, 2022, 03:37:53 pm »
I'm so excited about this mod that I had some ideas about random events that can send agents to the infirmary for some time. Though I'm most likely not the first one thinking of this. The question is, would this even be technically possible? Things like bio-enhancement or pilot training can make your agents unavailable, too, so maybe the same mechanic could be used in random events?

My reasoning is, that I tend to keep my most important soldiers at home when preparing for an important mission, so that they won't get wounded at the most inconvenient moment and miss all the action. Now, if there were a small (very small, less it affects balance too much I guess) chance of some accident, virus outbreak or whatever happening, it would make things a bit less predictable and therefore maybe more "fun"?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Random events that can wound agents?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 04:19:44 pm »
I can only speak for  myself, but for me this is the opposite of fun.

Offline mg2k22

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Random events that can wound agents?
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2022, 11:43:45 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I think as there are already events that give you negative scores and even a few that steal your money, my suggestion could fit in. But it depends on personal taste, I guess.

By the way, I've watched a few hours of your Let's Plays over the years. Learned smoke tactics from you. I consider you a celebrity.