aliens

Author Topic: We landed on mars (based on a true story)  (Read 1884 times)

Offline Whatifred

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
We landed on mars (based on a true story)
« on: March 19, 2022, 07:25:26 am »
I was so happy, we had made it, at long last, they had finally landed on mars,…little did we know of the thirty six who landed only fifteen would live to make it inside.
With every step they took I watch the novice warriors fall, but this had happened before, surly the veterans where fine. The locknar warmasters fall quickly, martian the manhero, and the two peasant gals where next, and my heart falls with them, for these where our companions from the earliest of days. Our sniper and rocketeer lasted for most the surface, but they too fall in time. The admiral, and the three other surviving lunatics I once escaped with, along with a freak of extraordinary speed we had come to rely on, descend into the base along side Ten of the surviving warriors gals.                           
I watch with sheer horror as in mere moments the remaining warriors are cut down leaving only the five, forced into a corner they med, smoke, and drink...it looks very grim...a few warriors may survive, but there minds have been lost to the star gods.
I hold my breath as the small group make a tactical push into the base, the freak darting back and forth scouting, before the expert team surrounds and handle each sectopod in turn, dispatching several more star gods along the way. I start to feel confidant, but that confidence is shattered when the star gods break the mind of our freak.
As the freak speeds off into the darkness, the admiral and her comrades are forced to push onward. We hear a howl as the captain's mind falls, frothing at the mouth she turns and rends the admiral in half. The two remaining gals split up making a hopeless rush for the two largest rooms, one must contain this "solar governor".
Only Blazing Bard and I hear the final scream before the coms fall silent, she is alone, on mars, but they will have to MAKE her stop, I watch in awe as she charges onward, a line of five star gods blocks her path, they fire on her again and again, but luck is on her side this day, somehow she survives.
Low on ammo and bleeding heavily she steps over the empty robes and rises up the lift. Blazing staggers towards the Solar Governor, she can feel the sickly tendrils of the star gods picking away at her mind, she arms the bomb, the star gods will have her mind soon, she cant risk them disarming them bomb, I smile sadly as Blazing Bard grins triumphantly even as the flames consume her.
I turn off the monitor and turn to Dr X. "We win. but at what cost."

Offline Whatifred

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: We landed on mars (based on a true story)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2022, 07:36:31 am »
Finally beat the game for the first time today and the final mission was so exiting I felt compelled to put it to words, also wanted to add to Dioxine or anyone else who has contributed THANK YOU so much for this amazing game!

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2022, 09:10:16 am »
Post the end game victory score screen, you can't keep the campaign stats secret from us!

Offline Whatifred

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2022, 09:24:49 am »
Since you asked :)

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2022, 11:19:08 pm »
Hail, the victorious heroines!

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2022, 03:45:53 am »
Congratulations, sounds like quite the exciting ending. Mine(when I bother) tend to be quite flashy but dull. Glass the surface with all my saved up blaster bombs, nukes ect. Then do much the same with the interior with slightly smaller aoe rounds. No reason to spare the fancy toys on the last gasp.