Small or Large?

Small
2 (28.6%)
Large
3 (42.9%)
Blaster Launcher is all I need!
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Does anyone use Small Torpedo/Rockets?  (Read 2073 times)

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
Does anyone use Small Torpedo/Rockets?
« on: February 08, 2022, 12:37:33 pm »
I'm curious, does anyone use the Small Torpedo/Rockets in either X-COM: Terror From The Deep or X-COM: UFO Defense?

Personally when I'm going to use HE to take down threat like a Chryssalid I can't figure out the reason to be equipped with the lower damage versions.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone use Small Torpedo/Rockets?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 05:27:10 pm »
I use the small rockets sometimes on rookies who are too weak to use large very easily. It's good for green crews to get into combat right off the bat. But typically I prefer to use large rockets if my soldier has the strength for them. I try to wean them off of small rockets as soon as possible.

Offline BetaSpectre

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 06:36:35 pm »
I tend to prefer to use all large rockets, anyone who doesn't have the ability to carry a single launcher with at least 1 rocket, would just be used as a scout while I'm rushing anything.

Offline cptelerium

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 06:37:42 am »
Yeah same - use by rookies.

But also, they were not bad in case of a little of help in close-range combat in cramp spaces, like inside UFO, where you really need to hit that guy (not risking missing it). Ofc limited use against hard HP aliens.

EDIT: also good to give rookies/disposable scouts rockets, while rest of team is armored up mostly, so if psi captured they don't do too much damage)?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 08:57:40 am by cptelerium »