aliens

Author Topic: New Mangment  (Read 5517 times)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
New Mangment
« on: February 07, 2022, 04:57:32 pm »
Okay so just a short statement here for the time being, cause i have to work for a living. As the more eagle eyed of you may have noticed Dioxine is no longer the sub forum moderator. After the recent mess it was decided to remove him from board management and stick me in the seat. If you absolutely must know further details of the whole extended debacle, DMs only.

Further extended statement sometime while im not at my desk.   

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: New Mangment
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 03:39:43 pm »
Okay so weekend and time to make a more full statement. Sadly the situation is still evolving and this is isn't the full story and the matter put to rest. I will share what i can and update again later.

As many of you are aware Discord deleted the XPZ discord and also banned a great many of the current and past members, with an individual later claiming responsibility on other media platforms, and while we had problems in moderation and allowed content and where in the process of dealing with them, this individual chose a moment after our efforts began to apparently push out everything he had gathered as "evidence" against us. Most of what he has put forth on other platforms amounts to little more then out of context compilations of Dioxine's messages over a period of many years, or trying to shame us for using vulgar language and slurs, usually in non hostile discussion of why we view words in certain ways.  Can you honestly as an adult manage to avoid swearing at all in relation to politics these days? Or in the most bizzaro world "offense" posting a link to a stonetoss comic. So its a crime now to post a public cartoon irregardless of your feelings about the comic in question? Whatever your personal opinions of the content and context of our server over the years, i will let you find and judge for yourselves. Even without the antagonist it was probably inevitable given Discords increasing crackdown on servers that don't match there own hidden agenda on appearances and allowable speech. Discord is no longer as free platform as it once was. So XPZ will in the future be found on the Matrix platform. More on that hopefully soon.

As a result of the antagonists releases it was decided amongst the senior leadership of the community with Dioxine's agreement to have him step down from the public eye on Monday morning. It was hoped that this would calm down the furor over the matter and allow the greater community to get on with our lives and hobby. Given that several threads just trying to find out more about the matter had devolved to the level of needing bans and removal due to personal attacks on several persons, it was felt something besides just playing banhammer wackamole was needed. Dioxine remains in control of the mod itself, and development continues.

That's all i have for now.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 03:50:12 pm by legionof1 »