aliens

Author Topic: Question on alien appearance ratios  (Read 17929 times)

Volutar

Re: Question on alien appearance ratios
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 03:50:20 pm »
SuperVGA, it is possible for 1st month, but it will be TOTALLY random after 4th. There's no point in getting stats per multiple regions and multiple games since: rates depends on xcom activity (each downed ufo causes mission postpone), random - which is 0.5..1.5 and randomization increased with each ship. So better forget it. Time periods are highly unpredictable.

Offline SuperVGA

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 05:07:58 pm »
SuperVGA, it is possible for 1st month, but it will be TOTALLY random after 4th. There's no point in getting stats per multiple regions and multiple games since: rates depends on xcom activity (each downed ufo causes mission postpone), random - which is 0.5..1.5 and randomization increased with each ship. So better forget it. Time periods are highly unpredictable.
Alright, I just didn't realize that there was a progressively altering factor or that x-com activity had an impact. Now I get it.  ;)
With that, it still does makes sense to alter the units involved over time, as it to a higher degree than the craft affects the battlescape difficulty.

Offline Gemeaux333

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2018, 05:53:56 pm »
I wondered if it is possible to modify the appearance ratios for aliens types and mission types for TFTD, as these ones are absurd and artificially increase the difficulty of the game ?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2018, 06:03:24 pm »
I wondered if it is possible to modify the appearance ratios for aliens types and mission types for TFTD, as these ones are absurd and artificially increase the difficulty of the game ?

Yes, very easy.
Edit alienMissions.rul: https://github.com/SupSuper/OpenXcom/blob/master/bin/standard/xcom2/alienMissions.rul

Offline Gemeaux333

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2018, 07:21:30 pm »
thanks, although I may nead a few explainations of whatever doesn't relate to race types...

For example : If I want to postpone Alien Infiltration and Base building missions to June or July ?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 07:58:08 pm by Gemeaux333 »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2018, 08:36:15 pm »
You would need to change missionScripts.rul then.

That is a bit harder than just alien race ratios, but you can take inspiration from other bigger mods that did it already.

Offline Gemeaux333

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2018, 10:24:47 pm »
I would have to type 2 new entries, "firstMonth: 6" for both types of missions, but dont know the type name of these missions

Update : have modified alienMissions.rul but have no effect : Gillmen in January when I removed them... or is this USO case independant of the modifications I made ?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 04:45:03 am by Gemeaux333 »