aliens

Author Topic: [DONE][Suggestion] Access to object counters within Arc/Mission/Event scripts  (Read 6433 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
That's great. That property is also taken into account on `getOneFree` and other cases where I unlock research (event, deployment), right?

on all places where `handlePrimaryResearchSideEffects()` is called
most places, but not everywhere

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
How do you think, maybe it can be more agile if instead of 2 different properties with array you'd just load a map of <string, int> where hey is custom counter name and value is, well, value, that is added to it? As the map can handle negative integers at the same time, we'd need only one property...

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
I have explicitly asked you, and you said 2 properties (see above)

I'm not interested in being "agile", being "agile" only ever brought me problems
I want to be "stable", "dependable" and "consistent"

consider what you need and tell me... and don't change your mind every 2 hours, please

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
I don't fully grasp counters. Are there examples of them implemented?
I'm thinking of using them to simulate alien infiltration level of human factions, but I need to understand better how they work.

Offline zee_ra

• Colonel
    • View Profile
I don't fully grasp counters. Are there examples of them implemented?
I'm thinking of using them to simulate alien infiltration level of human factions, but I need to understand better how they work.

They're global variables, operated by triggers at designated points, specified by constructs like increaseCounter and decreaseCounter in the config.