Author Topic: 'kill' variant in transfer/sell menu  (Read 2183 times)

Offline ted_die

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
'kill' variant in transfer/sell menu
« on: November 03, 2021, 08:53:33 am »
I've got a question.

Let's say, there is a waspite in alien containment. The tech of grav module extraction is developed. Yet in 'manufacture' rules they need a corpse. So either I should write extraction rules for all the living alien types (from floater soldier to waspite commander) or there could be a way to kill prisoners. Well, there's a trophey menu after missions; if no place for new prisoners, you may sell or kill some (and get the corpses at the base store). But you can't call this options from 'transfer' or 'sell' menus. As I undrestand, trophey menu and transfer/sell menus are similar: they decrease and increase respective base inventory list numbers and call a delay prodedure ('transfer time', zero if 'sell'). So, probally there's a way to extend transfer or sell menus with a 'kill' option. Yet I don't know how hard would be to get into the menus' programm code to modify it. (Sure, another option will take it's place between 'transfer'/'sell' and 'cancel' buttons thus requiring some interface changes.)

Could someone comment this suggesion?

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: 'kill' variant in transfer/sell menu
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 04:09:45 pm »
Problem with adding buttons to existing screens is that there is little space available and it gets cluttered pretty fast.

From your description it sounds like you have not yet discovered a way to kill aliens other than the trophy screen after a mission.
Luckily for you it is possible from the base menu as well (albeit a bit hidden). Right click on a base facility will show their management screen, in this case you want the "alien containment".

Hope this helps.

Offline ted_die

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: 'kill' variant in transfer/sell menu
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2021, 08:02:00 am »
It did. Thank You.
(It seems I missed some manuals.)