Author Topic: A newbie question Savage Queen  (Read 2437 times)

Offline qwertzy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
A newbie question Savage Queen
« on: October 29, 2021, 08:28:10 pm »
Hi, I'm playing the game for the first time and have a question I didn't manage to find in the archive.
As I play the first time, I went with the "first disagree with everything" route, which means no Tiny Drill and seemingly no Codex colour. Looking at the tech tree I'd like to know if this completely excludes researching Crowning, Diplomacy and School Graduation or if Savage Queen alone is enough and obtainable without the drill. Also if the Savage Queen is available, I still don't know how. Is there a special requirement or does it pop up eventually? There doesn't seem to be a research requirement.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: A newbie question Savage Queen
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 06:35:51 am »
The reject the power route, locks out everything directly tied to a codex pick, the unlock you need is Savage queen https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##STR_QUEEN_SAVAGE

Though how you acquire it i dunno. Tech viewer does not provide an answer since it has no tech prerequisites.

Offline qwertzy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2021, 09:53:53 pm »
Well I guess that means hoping that whatever is needed for Savage queen will pop up, since I'm curently at the end of the tech line and the only mission type that didn't pop up yet is the underground temple (due to the name Savage Queen I did hope for the hunting party stone age Equipment missions, but it doesn't seem so)

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2021, 04:09:15 pm »
There is a bug.

Apparently, you have to edit your rul file and modify the relevant passage with this.

- type: monsterHuntPrimalFinale
    missionWeights:
      0:
        STR_LOC_MONSTER_HUNT_PRIMAL_FINALE: 100
    regionWeights:
      0:
        REGION_MONSTER_HUNT_PRIMAL_FINALE: 100

Else the last leg of the missions will never appear.

Offline qwertzy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2021, 04:17:32 pm »
That's good to know, thanks.
But do you happen to know which rul file? I can't seem to find any position in Piratez.rul, alienDeployments.rul, allianMissions.rul, missionScripts.rul that seems fitting to insert this and all of them exist in multiple versions. There's also many more rul files that don't seem relevant at all, not all of which I have searched yet.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 04:31:02 pm by qwertzy »

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2021, 06:18:03 pm »
Alex_D provided us with this patched file.

Offline qwertzy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2021, 07:21:42 pm »
Many thanks, not much experience in the groundwork, but inserting that in OpenXcom\user\mods\Piratez\Ruleset seemed straight forward enough.

Offline qwertzy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2021, 09:53:42 pm »
And solved, after some issues with installation the change in my files seems to have prompted another Stone Age hunting mission to start, with new targets leading to the crowning scene.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 10:56:01 pm by qwertzy »