aliens

Author Topic: A way to remove all inventory from everyone ?  (Read 2192 times)

Offline Tchey

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
A way to remove all inventory from everyone ?
« on: October 11, 2021, 02:58:00 pm »
Hello,

I play with the last version of OXCE + XFiles + Additions. I’m in september 1997.

Is there a way to remove everything from everyone ?
I want all my stuff back in my base so i can count and share better between the different teams.
Only way i found is to set crew to a car/van then go to inventory and manually remove everything from the trunck of the van, and repeat with other soldiers.
The van because my other vehicles so far have only 2 crew so it’s faster with the 4 van crew.

Bonus question : when will i have better than the Public and Private cars, and the Van ?

Thanks

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: A way to remove all inventory from everyone ?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 03:05:40 pm »
Go to Craft Equipment screen and press X.

Or in other words, you don't need to remove it from the soldiers, you just need to remove it from the craft.

Offline Fomka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 05:38:23 pm »

Bonus question : when will i have better than the Public and Private cars, and the Van ?

Thanks
The Council will allow your organization to use some better transportation setups after the First Promotion. And you will need to recruit a military envoy who have an advice on Basic Flight Training.

See https://thexcomfileswiki.github.io/#STR_BASIC_FLIGHT_TRAINING

Offline Tchey

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 08:14:36 pm »
Go to Craft Equipment screen and press X.

Or in other words, you don't need to remove it from the soldiers, you just need to remove it from the craft.

Yes, but my already equipped soldiers not in a Craft because of team rotation, or health issue, etc ?
 I have to set a Craft to these soldiers, then unequip the craft. Or i’m dumb (very possible).

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 08:56:52 pm »
Yes, but my already equipped soldiers not in a Craft because of team rotation, or health issue, etc ?
 I have to set a Craft to these soldiers, then unequip the craft. Or i’m dumb (very possible).

Soldiers don't carry anything on them (other than armor).
All items are stored in the craft, and soldiers only take them from the craft once the battle starts.

If they are out of the craft, you don't need to do anything.

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2021, 10:05:39 pm »
Just in case the automatic equipment of soldiers the way you equipped them before throws you off.

It is true that the layout can be saved (look for "equipmentLayout:" in your saves) but it is treated as a wish list.
Only if the corresponding item is available at the start of a mission [1] it will be handed out temporarily (duration of mission) to your soldier otherwise the wish will be ignored.
An item is available at the start of a mission if it was assigned to the craft before it left your base. Special case is base defense, then all items on base or in stationed crafts are fair game (for as far as i know).

TLDR: Follow Meridian's advice and all will be fine.

[1] This includes equipping your soldiers via the inventory button on the respective craft menu when the craft is at the base. This creates a fake mission so you can "equip" from the base menu.

Offline Tchey

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2021, 10:13:29 pm »
Thank you !