Author Topic: Aliens AI is overpowering me in OXCE  (Read 1970 times)

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
Aliens AI is overpowering me in OXCE
« on: October 01, 2021, 09:35:34 pm »
Just as the title says. Im using OXCE in Beginner mode (I know slightly embarrassing). But the AI is super strong. im getting hammed in my first Terror attack.
is there any settings that might help me out ?

I have to say, i am so impressed by the is version and it's deep editing. I've been playing this game since 1995 And it's almost as if i rediscovered it again.

thank you for any suggesitons.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Aliens AI is overpowering me in OXCE
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 12:01:39 pm »
I don't think there are any differences in the alien AI between OXC and OXCE.

OXCE has some extra AI functions added, but they only work when specifically enabled in a mod, so if you're playing the vanilla game, you won't be affected.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 10:05:41 pm »
I always felt that there wasn't enough range in difficulty in either the base game or most mods. To that end, one of the things my mod Reaver's Harmony sets out to do is improve accessibility with a wide range of difficulty settings. Beginner difficulty in Harmony *should* be significantly easier than beginner difficulty in the vanilla game, however I haven't had enough testing or feedback to say for sure how easy it really is. If you'd be interested in trying it out and giving me feedback, I can help tweak the difficulty to suit your needs, and I would much appreciate the testing assistance!
shameless plug I know

I've also found a handful of mods which seem to be easier than the base game. Check out some of these:
Xtreme Measures - makes tanks especially strong, lots of new weapons || easiest mod I have played yet
Equal Terms - very focused on weapons and weapon balance || I haven't played it but it looks significantly easier than vanilla
UNEXCOM - huge megamod rich with many features || not easy per se, but gives you so many options that it might be easy depending how you play

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 11:02:44 pm »
Wow thank you.
This UNECOM looks really cool.