aliens

Author Topic: Troop Transport Question  (Read 1528 times)

Offline Pandemonium

• Sergeant
  • Evil round every corner Careful not to step in any
    • View Profile
Troop Transport Question
« on: August 05, 2021, 09:52:28 pm »
So I'm wondering if it's possible to send craft that are strictly troop carriers or hybrid carrier/interceptors on multiple ground missions without returning to base? The desire is to avoid missing multiple crash sites or landing sites without having the need for multiple transports, soldiers, and bases equipped for ground missions.

Edit: I got an answer to the first part, not possible. At least not easily without being super cheaty and for nominal return value. So...

Alternatively, if there is a reliable way to increase the time landings/crashes stay on the geoscape I would love to learn it. Thanks in advance!  ;D
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 11:30:47 pm by Pandemonium »

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Troop Transport Question
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 11:43:08 am »
What you need is a transport craft that moves very fast! Shooting them down does make them stick around a lot longer, as well.

Offline Pandemonium

• Sergeant
  • Evil round every corner Careful not to step in any
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 07:14:01 pm »
Yep. Working on that actually. A custom Lightning. It's a trade off for speed at the cost of capacity. I would like to include some kind of stealth component but I'm not aware of a game mechanic in OXC or OXCE that makes it possible.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2021, 09:17:04 am »
I would like to include some kind of stealth component

Code: [Select]
crafts:
  - type: STR_INTERCEPTOR
    undetectable: true

This will make hunter-killers unable to target them. Aliens don't react to X-Com craft much beyond that.
(This only works in mods which add hunter-killers. Vanilla does not use them.)