aliens

Author Topic: In need of new faces  (Read 1923 times)

Offline Skullar

• Sergeant
  • Deranged Angry Mexican Nugget
    • View Profile
In need of new faces
« on: July 25, 2021, 02:56:27 am »
I remember there was a face pack around in the mod portal before the mod apocalypse, feels weird to be recruiting the same guy over and over, is there some compilation around?  Or if someone can DM that old mod will really appreciate it thanks!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: In need of new faces
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 05:29:20 pm »
If you're using OXCE, then it would be possible.

In my mod The X-Com Files, I currently have 52 portraits for each gender, with some more on the way. They can be converted for vanilla X-Com, but as mentioned before, it will not work in vanilla OXC.

Offline Skullar

• Sergeant
  • Deranged Angry Mexican Nugget
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 08:29:14 pm »
If you're using OXCE, then it would be possible.

In my mod The X-Com Files, I currently have 52 portraits for each gender, with some more on the way. They can be converted for vanilla X-Com, but as mentioned before, it will not work in vanilla OXC.

Yes I was checking that out there are quite a bunch, yep I'm using OXCE but I'm not sure how to add them to my already existing game, I'm using old armor mods etc, should I just add the inv ruleset with the resources and that's it?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 12:37:40 am »
Yes I was checking that out there are quite a bunch, yep I'm using OXCE but I'm not sure how to add them to my already existing game, I'm using old armor mods etc, should I just add the inv ruleset with the resources and that's it?

Sorry, it's too broad a question to answer shortly... Generally yes, you need the graphic files and an appropriate ruleset. :)

I would recommend looking either at my mod for inspiration, or at Piratez. But there's an additional thing: both our mods are also using the layering system, because hard baking over 100 images per armour is extremely time consuming and dangerous to sanity.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to release a mod for faces only.