Author Topic: X-Piratez RPG: an actual downloadable rulebook  (Read 5195 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
X-Piratez RPG: an actual downloadable rulebook
« on: August 22, 2015, 01:34:43 pm »
Voila: a role-playing game set in the world of Piratez, hundreds of years after humanity fell to the aliens. Now you can have your own adventures in that setting: become a human (or a hybrid, or a mutant, etc.), see the wonders of the world, meet interesting beings and kill them dead! Er, or do whatever else people like doing in RPG's.

This system uses mechanics we made with Dioxine some time ago for another game that we're hoping to sell at some point. I've decided to convert it to the X-Com setting for general fun (both mine and yours), and it's very, umm, economical at this stage. Not only the mechanics, but also most equipment was taken from the original game and only renamed, but their design still fits the setting nicely, so it shouldn't give you trouble (though some more renaming is in order). There's no world lore or adventure ideas or anything like that, so for now you must rely on your knowledge of the Piratez mod and your own imagination. But the book already has all the important mechanical stuff, like combat system, race modifiers and so on. The mechanics are quite well-tested, too - it's a few years old already and played by many people.

Get the latest version from the attachment.

Note that you can of course use it for role-playing classical X-Com, but the world of Piratez is much more interesting to role-play I guess, so I made it the primary setting. But you can totally get this book and play shooting Sectoids in 1999.

CHANGELOG:
0.1.1: First publication.
0.1.3: Some small fixes, added some pics.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 02:24:15 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline redrat9595

• Sergeant
  • Good Times
    • View Profile
Re: X-Piratez RPG: an actual downloadable rulebook
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 06:22:50 am »
I've actually been working for quite some time on a rather extensive X-COM TTRPG. I've been tinkering with way too many things at once to handle some more complicated mechanics in my spare time and have been perpetually in pre-release for over three years as a result (to the dismay of my RPG group, of course).  :P

Now that this is here, though, I finally have the drive to type up and polish ~8 notebooks worth of my shitty handwriting in the next couple weeks, so thanks for getting me to finally do something with all those notes. If nothing else I'd like to see the community shred a massive content injection into millions of basic mods.  :D

Thanks for the inspiration; I'm off now to digitize years of hellishly written work.
Red

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: X-Piratez RPG: an actual downloadable rulebook
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 02:24:43 pm »
I've uploaded a slightly updated version, please enjoy. :)