aliens

Author Topic: [FULL MOD] Awesome Guns (an awesome modification of the OpenXcom game)  (Read 60895 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • OXCE developer
    • View Profile
    • My Wiki
Re: [FULL MOD] Awesome Guns (an awesome modification of the OpenXcom game)
« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2019, 06:29:01 pm »
Just tested out the latest version on the modsite v2.0alpha and it crashes on startup. I was using the latest openxcom extended v5.61 and had no other mods on nor any of the preinstalled mods activated. Unfortunately, I have no save available as the game never starts-see attached

It works fine for me.

Can you try without the mod? And then enable it again?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 08:32:42 pm by Meridian »

Offline CanadianBeaver

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • AwesomeGuns
« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2019, 01:16:35 am »
Just tested out the latest version on the modsite v2.0alpha and it crashes on startup. I was using the latest openxcom extended v5.61 and had no other mods on nor any of the preinstalled mods activated. Unfortunately, I have no save available as the game never starts-see attached

Looks like you did not install OpenXcom correctly or removed necessary files after installation. Please, check the following folder and copy there all files from installation .zip: ../openxcom/standard/xcom1/Resources/UI/

Offline CanadianBeaver

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • AwesomeGuns
I briefly checked the latest changes and it should be compatible with current version of OpenXcom:

https://github.com/CanadianBeaver/AwesomeGuns/releases/tag/2.0-alpha

Offline JohnBurr

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 09, 2021, 12:55:09 am »
I just got into OpenXcom - and am trying this shiny new mod.

OpenXcom works perfectly fine as it is - but when I try to load up this mod, it crashes. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 09, 2021, 10:24:58 pm »
shiny new mod.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Yes, it's not a shiny new mod.

I heard there were some changes recently, I'm not sure how it functions at the moment, but for most of its history, AwesomeGuns was designed to work with OpenXcom version 1.0, an archaic version which uses an incompatible file structure. You might not be able to play it with modern OpenXcom.
Possible solutions:
 A.) Check the installation instructions on the main post here or on the AwesomeGuns website for additional info and to make sure you're doing everything right.
 B.) Try playing it with OpenXcom version 1.0. Keep in mind you won't be able to use very many modern mods with this version, however there are plenty of 1.0 mods in the Old Mod Portal Archive. Keep in mind there may be a bit of a learning curve getting used to version 1.0, but once you get used to it, it's no more difficult than modern OpenXcom.
 C.) If all else fails, run an older version of AwesomeGuns with OpenXcom version 1.0. I know it worked before.

Hopefully CanadianBeaver or someone else can provide additional info as my knowledge in this area is limited.

P.S.: One benefit to playing it on 1.0 is that it gives access to several old abandoned mods which can't be used with modern OpenXcom.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 10:30:36 pm by The Reaver of Darkness »

Offline CanadianBeaver

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • AwesomeGuns
« Reply #140 on: July 12, 2021, 06:31:12 pm »
Awesome Guns works with latest OpenXcom versions (@Warboy1982 implemented fixes)

How I see, the problem is in Armored Vest Corpse definition. Somebody knows if recently this configuration settings has been changed in OpenXcom game?

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 14, 2021, 10:35:35 am »
Armored Vest Corpse definition. Somebody knows if recently this configuration settings has been changed in OpenXcom game?
Yes. OXCE recently had an update requiring all corpses to have their items correctly defined where previously they were allowed to be incorrect if the corpses weren't used outside of the battlescape. This broke a lot of mods, but is fairly easy to fix. It was version 7.1 IIRC; I think things should still work if you run OXCE version 7.0.

Offline ashtroboy79

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 21, 2021, 02:15:41 am »
Does this mean that if i have the most upto date version of oxce I cant play this mod?