aliens

Author Topic: [Solved] Question about ToTime DamageAlter setting in OXCE  (Read 1161 times)

Offline spectrefps

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
[Solved] Question about ToTime DamageAlter setting in OXCE
« on: June 28, 2021, 09:43:23 pm »
I was wondering about the "ToTime" damage setting for DamageAlter in OXCE. Since it "hurts" (drains?) TU, does the TU loss persist into the enemy's turn or only during X-Com's phase?

For example: Soldier "Rookie Bob" shoots alien with a "Statis Gun" (with a high ToTime damage value) and manages to get a big hit, draining a LOT of TUs from the alien. Since Bob is the last soldier to act on X-Com's turn, the player ends the turn. On the beginning of the alien's turn, will the 'stasis-ed' alien still be low on TUs (since it was hit with that 'ToTime' attack), or does it get 100% TUs at the start of it's turn? I thought ToTime damage would be useful to 'stasis' or time-freeze a unit for one turn, but I'm not sure if it *only* lasts during X-Com's turn or if that alien would still be 'time-drained' during it's turn too.

(please let me know if that sounds confusing, it seems awkward to put that all in words)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 11:31:54 am by Meridian »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Question about ToTime DamageAlter setting in OXCE
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 12:44:23 am »
`ToTime` work more as flashbang, it can prevent reaction shots after hit, but on his next turn target can grain back his TU in normal way.
To have penalty for next turn you need use other methods, you can in couple of scrip hooks alter change of TU each turn for any unit.

Offline spectrefps

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Question about ToTime DamageAlter setting in OXCE
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 10:04:22 am »
Ahhh ok. The "flashbang" example you said makes it a LOT easier for me to picture in my head! So even though the enemy won't be 'stunned' for their turn, I *could* use ToTime damage attacks to 'de-claw' an enemy before I attack them with other troopers (no return fire).

I will look around on these forums for an example of the "TU-drain" or "TU-regen-loss" effect I was originally thinking of, as I am pretty noob at anything about script in x-com (so far, I've only gotten familiar with adding new guns or changing some of their stats) so I'd probably break a ton of stuff if I tried to write my own script before I look at a properly-built one XD.