Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 184135 times)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #105 on: March 02, 2015, 11:28:24 pm »
Also Welcome from me Jay!

You could give my Mod a try -> Research Alive Aliens :)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #106 on: March 02, 2015, 11:38:21 pm »
Maybe i should do this myself dumdidum....

Ok sooooo i am Patrick from good old germany, many have seen my hunking throu the forum so far and it is now time for the introduction :)
I am 34 Years old, currently schooling to become a Software developer (german education system sucks).

I played the original game way back in the mid nighties and it was with me all the time, always coming back to it.
I discovered OpenXcom actually half a year ago, downloaded it, tried it.... ranted towards Warboy in the IRC that the Blaster Launcher TU's weren't correct and skipped OpenXcom after that until.... i discovered i can write MODS!!!!

And since then i am in love with OpenXcom ;)

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
  • Squaddie cautiously peering through the breach
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2015, 02:04:25 am »
Also Welcome from me Jay!

You could give my Mod a try -> Research Alive Aliens :)

I'll be sure to check it out, but I may wait until I can beat the game with what I got.  A little overwhelmed at the amount of mods:-)

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
  • Back in the day it was gameplay not a feature....
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2015, 11:27:58 pm »
Hi guys and galls!

Old X-com hardhead and thrilled to find this project. I first runned it on an Amiga when I was like....7 years old? Couldnt find how to land a sky ranger back there on a crash site....what? To my brain it was rocket science back there :P

Fast forward a couple of years and I finally found out. Have played every game in the series ever since, and I just relish going on a play through at times to remember the good ol days.

Was equally excited and dissapointed by the reboot of the series. But I am currently AMAZED by this project.

My name is Chris, I am from Greece and I am glad to meet you.

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 09, 2015, 01:45:26 am »
Welcome to the OpenXcom community, pilot00!

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 09, 2015, 11:26:10 pm »
Welcome to the OpenXcom community, pilot00!

Thanks friend! Glad to meet you nice gents and gals.

Offline Bloax

• Colonel
  • do you want to be any of those things
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2015, 06:23:11 pm »
Hi, I'm just your friendly neighborhood Bloax.

I haven't actually played this game yet, but it certainly looks like my kind of game judging from the multiple LPs that I've seen.
This is probably the high time for me to start poking around, since modding is finally a thing. (I love me some modding.)
And of course the community around here will probably like me better than crawl's did, since you guys seem like a decent bunch.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2015, 06:40:43 pm »
Hi, I'm just your friendly neighborhood Bloax.

I haven't actually played this game yet, but it certainly looks like my kind of game judging from the multiple LPs that I've seen.
This is probably the high time for me to start poking around, since modding is finally a thing. (I love me some modding.)
And of course the community around here will probably like me better than crawl's did, since you guys seem like a decent bunch.

Welcome :)

You've never played the original? You're in for a surprise... ;)

Offline chaosshade

• Colonel
  • The Harpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2015, 06:44:20 pm »
I haven't really introduced myself around here yet, so I might as well.

I'm chaosshade, X-Com veteran of 21 years... wow it's been a long time... anyway, I hated 2012 because it axed too many things I loved about X-Com and OXC was a breath of fresh air!  Steam's DOSBox version is okay... but OXC really shines.  I love the fact that it's the original game but virtually all the bugs are fixed now!  I can't wait for TFTD ^^

I've been modding on and off for a few months now and I'm pretty comfortable with YAML and adding new stuff.  I've had some successes and some dismal failures, but I'll get the hang of it.  I'm not a great spriter so making new Battlescape itesm becomes very time-consuming for me, but I'll get the hang of it eventually... or I can beg someone in the community *laughs*

Offline trinibwoy

• Sergeant
  • If It Moves, shoot it. If it doesnt move, shoot it
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2015, 04:33:46 pm »
Greetings from the caribbean, folks.

I never expected to come across a project like OXC and its thriving community. I always thought myself a bit odd for liking what seemed to be such an obscure strategy game as a kid (my friends were all enamoured by more action-y titles). I hope to participate and contribute to discussions with like minded people who, like me, loved the seemingly obscure (and frustratingly difficult) little game called xcom.

Cheers

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2015, 03:54:25 am »
Welcome to the obsession, that is OpenXcom :)

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 08, 2015, 05:37:50 pm »
Greetings from the caribbean, folks.

I never expected to come across a project like OXC and its thriving community. I always thought myself a bit odd for liking what seemed to be such an obscure strategy game as a kid (my friends were all enamoured by more action-y titles). I hope to participate and contribute to discussions with like minded people who, like me, loved the seemingly obscure (and frustratingly difficult) little game called xcom.

Cheers

I was litteraly made fun of at school because I played X-Com instead of action games so I feel ya :)

Offline Rinnai

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2015, 06:09:15 am »
Cheers from Nippon. Heh, somehow I skipped over the introduction forums before making a couple of posts. I found OpenXCom after being disappointed with the Firaxis release and trying to figure out how to get the old UFO to work on my netbook. I'm just blown away with the whole project! to take an old classic, which was arguably ahead of its time, and make it a modern port is cool as hell. It's kind of like what the Stracciatella mod did for Jagged Alliance 2 (or the 1.13 project before it got all stupid and bloated).

I'm just happy my old favorites are playable again. Anyway, thanks for OpenXCom!

Offline trinibwoy

• Sergeant
  • If It Moves, shoot it. If it doesnt move, shoot it
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2015, 02:42:23 pm »
Cheers from Nippon. Heh, somehow I skipped over the introduction forums before making a couple of posts. I found OpenXCom after being disappointed with the Firaxis release and trying to figure out how to get the old UFO to work on my netbook. I'm just blown away with the whole project! to take an old classic, which was arguably ahead of its time, and make it a modern port is cool as hell. It's kind of like what the Stracciatella mod did for Jagged Alliance 2 (or the 1.13 project before it got all stupid and bloated).

I'm just happy my old favorites are playable again. Anyway, thanks for OpenXCom!

*Checks map to see exactly where the heck nippon is*
Hey! Welcome aboard! OXC is a dream come true lol. I still feel like a kid in a candy store with the sheer volume of mods and enhancements here.
(It really does feel like the 1.13 mod for Jagged alliance-another old favourite)
Sit back, relax and enjoy once again losing many many hours of your day :D

Offline SkyBreach

• Squaddie
  • "Hidden Movement"
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2015, 07:01:29 pm »
Hello all XCom Commanders! Im from Spain and fan of UFO EU since years, what a good news find OpenXCom and this community, is incredible for lovers of this game like me!. you made me relive my days as a UFO Enemy Unknown player, yesterday I starting a new game and WooW!! Nostalgia Heaven surrounds me, that was really exciting experience like the first time i play this game decades ago. See you around here, watching the Geoscape meanwhile.  :D