aliens

Author Topic: [Solved] Infiltration events - mission site spawn triggers  (Read 1563 times)

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
I am currently looking for a way to implement a more granular way to aproach alien infiltrations and returning infiltrated countries to the project.

Would it be feasible to implement a way for alien bases (i.e. the alien base which is connected with the infiltration event) to spawn mission site, ideally only in the country that is affected by the infiltration?

Alternatively, would it be feasible to implement an additional mission trigger based on an active infiltration (or the existence of a corresponding alien base)? For example by having additional operationTypes which reference alien bases causing an infiltration?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 09:16:52 am by Meridian »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
this was already answered in the oxce thread

you can have infiltration bases have a specific base type
this base type can then generate any kind of missions, for example terror missions
you can limit these terror missions to the same region as the base by using specific ufo trajectories with only intra-region mission zones

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
Yeah, I am sorry for the overlap. Understanding mission generation is a continual leraning&discovery-process on my end.

Just to clarify:
I can use genMission in the corresponding aliendeployment for the infiltration base to generate mission sites?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
I can use genMission in the corresponding aliendeployment for the infiltration base to generate mission sites?

I've never tried it, but ohartenstein said they do that in 40k, so I assume it's possible.