Author Topic: Missing items from Ruleset  (Read 6322 times)

Offline darkestaxe

• Colonel
  • Emissary of the Brain
    • View Profile
Missing items from Ruleset
« on: February 24, 2013, 11:36:18 am »
This is just a list of three things that I would expect to see in the ruleset that aren't there.

Soldier Stat Caps: you can set their min and max starting stats but not the caps.
personnel monthly costs: you can set their hire costs but not their monthly wages.
Craft repair rate: I assume the current code repairs a flat amount each hour, and that amount is the same on all craft like Vanilla.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Missing items from Ruleset
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 05:57:18 pm »
Soldier Stat Caps: That's because there are no caps. Should there be? :P
Personnel Monthly Costs: The monthly costs are the same as the hire costs (as per vanilla), they can be separated if someone needs it.
Craft repair rate: You can set your own "repairRate" (like "refuelRate" etc), it just defaults to 1 for vanilla craft (if a value isn't specified, the default is used).

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 12:06:32 pm »
Hi men,
As new on this site, first is to congratulate all of mad people you are !
You just made an amazing job on one of better existing games : you are crazy, I love you.

Then, sorry for my bad english

So, If I would be allowed to give my advice on this topic:

Soldiers Stat Caps: would be very useful, I confirm it.
Another of my dreams would be to have possibility to limit Soldiers Stat Advancement, e.g. not more than x points, to be distributed following current rules - evolution would be to ask player to choose between some adequate Stat. But I read you have intention to make some devlopment on it in the future, so I will just wait for it.

Personnel Monthly Costs: would be very useful too, as it could prevent the tentation :
- to sell "bad" soldiers last day of month, then rebuy some new soldiers (with certainly better stats, as you sell yours worth newbies) and thus without any penalties
- to sell scientists and engineers last day of month to make some "financial optimization" or some "bad choices" without any penalties

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 10:45:39 am »
@Aldorn: the cost is easy to fix, just enforce severence packages for all XCom employees.

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 02:20:19 am »
Personal Monthly Costs
Sorry I was wrong
I tried to change cost values and it works perfectly, as bying prices stay twice the amount of cost
i.e. I set Soldier Cost to 40K => Soldier cost is now 40K per month, and amount is now of 80K to buy a new one
Very good job !
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 02:22:21 am by Aldorn »

Offline darkestaxe

• Colonel
  • Emissary of the Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 05:34:24 am »
Soldier Stat Caps: That's because there are no caps. Should there be? :P
Yes. In xcom1 soldiers can only train their stats so high, except psy-skill in psy training which disregarded the cap and could overflow from 255 back to 0. See Caps on UFOpedia. I'm used to having an avenger full of guys with 80-81 TUs and 70-71 str.

Personnel Monthly Costs: The monthly costs are the same as the hire costs (as per vanilla), they can be separated if someone needs it.
I didn't really think of that, I just instinctively thought of hire costs an wages as separate things. I had thought of having an option for a more expensive soldier purchase option with higher minimum stats (pre-screened). The soldiers would still have the same monthly costs.

I'm not sure why it took me so long to respond to this

Offline darkestaxe

• Colonel
  • Emissary of the Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 05:37:57 am »
I thought there was something wrong with this, it turns out I'm right. If a soldier costs the same when you buy them as they do each month then lost soldiers can be replaced for free (the same as their wages would have been) if you wait until the 1st of the next month to replace them.

Personnel costed twice as much to hire as they were paid each month in the original. I'm guessing the confusion started because of TTS. TTS used the same hire and monthly costs to make alien and x-com units more equally expendable for balance purposes, and to allow x-com players greater flexibility in how many soldiers/scientists they wanted to employ at any given point, also for balance.

UFOpaedia - hireing/fireing for the hire vs monthly costs of personnel.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 06:04:44 am »
Sorry my mistake, personnel hire costs are twice their monthly costs, you can confirm this ingame.