Author Topic: US National Intelligence gave Senate a report on Unidentified Aerial Phenomena  (Read 1982 times)

Offline Fomka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Only one Unidentified Aerial Phenomena out of 144 collected for 17 years by trusted sources was identified (as a balloon), the Office of the Director of US National Intelligence (ODNI) stated in its report to US Senate. The unclassified report was published on 25th of June 2021 by the ODNI.

The link — https://www.dni.gov/files/ODNI/documents/assessments/Prelimary-Assessment-UAP-20210625.pdf

The report says, in particular:
Spoiler:
"Limited data and inconsistency in reporting are key challenges to evaluating UAP. No standardized reporting mechanism existed until the Navy established one in March 2019. The Air Force subsequently adopted that mechanism in November 2020, but it remains limited to USG reporting. The UAPTF regularly heard anecdotally during its research about other observations that occurred but which were never captured in formal or informal reporting by those observers.

After carefully considering this information, the UAPTF focused on reports that involved UAP largely witnessed firsthand by military aviators and that were collected from systems we considered to be reliable. These reports describe incidents that occurred between 2004 and 2021, with the majority coming in the last two years as the new reporting mechanism became better known to the military aviation community. We were able to identify one reported UAP with high confidence. In that case, we identified the object as a large, deflating balloon. The others remain unexplained.
• 144 reports originated from USG sources. Of these, 80 reports involved observation with multiple sensors."

So, US military and intelligence are developing the mechanism of standardized reporting of UFOs that was established in 2019 by the Navy. The DNI underlines that it has insufficient amount of data and states that it will need additional investment to bring everything in order.

What do you think about it?

I do not know the exact description of those 144 UAPs reported by trusted sources, but I think the number is too little to speak of existence of UFOs.

Offline the nomad

• Colonel
    • View Profile
I think the number being small does not mean UFOs are not real. Even a couple of solidly investigated unexplained cases mean they are more likely to be true. Besides to me the report itself is saying they exist, it says at least some of them exhibit very advanced technology, are seen snooping around military bases, and pose not only a flight risk, but a possible national one. It just claims they do not know where UAPs come from, which of course can be true.

I think it is nothing new for those who are interested in the topic, they already declassified their previous UFO research which arrived at similiar conclusions (if I remember correctly), not to mention a couple of other countries already told the same thing as this report. But at least this latest one is a direct disclosure, albeit a very minor and probably watered down one.