Author Topic: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.8.1d Anarchic Anachronism)  (Read 51319 times)

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.7.1 The Hand Of Dagon)
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2021, 03:34:11 am »
Good morning.

I downloaded the latest version of this submod yesterday. I can finally play X-Com Files again. Thanks!

glad to hear! if you have any further issues I'll be more than glad to help

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.7.2 The Hand Of Dagon)
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2021, 05:34:55 am »
As I plan to eventually add the remaining two Convoy/Warehouse missions to Exalt and Lotus respectively I am going to cut down on the amount of research and redundancy needed to progress, this is my game plan:
1) Instead of individual research subjects I'll be converting them into an "objective" that you clear once you finish the mission, immediately and instantly completing the research
2) Eliminating the terminate X missions since I don't think players want to decide to keep doing convoys even if they need the weapons, it takes up time and the early game is limited
3) Currently theres 2 Phases: Convoy interception and Warehouse raid, the Convoys have 3 stages and I would like at MOST  tohave 2 or even just 1 instead
4) There is some fine-tuning I need to do, right now the Dagon Warehouse has static/no patrol routes and the enemy count might still be a bit too overwhelming

These are the things I've changed, but not published yet
  0.7.x
  Buffed Winchester's fire rate, lowered its range slightly and can now fire breaching and flechette shells
  Nerfed vests by making them 3 x 3
  Moved Riot Stab Vest slightly back, you need to have encountered strange creatures and cultists
  Cut down the debug_log lines
  Cleaned the script code to a single file, plus some slight optimization
  Added psi-shield to Hand Of Dagon
  Removed "Damage bypasses vest!" message when Sanity effects kick in every turn
  Added 3 Tiers of gas mask, they will provide a chance for complete protection from dazing/tear gas effects plus some resistance to chemical/stun/choke damage that is AOE:
  Regular Gas mask which provides 100 base protection
  Tinted Gas mask which provides 125 base protection + 100 base protection against flashbangs (Not currently possible, this one's disabled)
  Alloy Respirator which provides 200 base protection
Fixed missing Dagon Small Convoy for Deser (This one could crash the game so it's been published in 0.7.2b
  Fixed missing string for events
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 05:39:55 am by 8mono »

Offline FireStarTracer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2021, 10:12:44 pm »
Wow you beat me to the punch on some of those ideas (I was toying with flechette and FRAG-12 ammo for shotguns, as well as under barrel shotguns).  I'll be interested to see how those work out.

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2021, 11:45:15 pm »
Wow you beat me to the punch on some of those ideas (I was toying with flechette and FRAG-12 ammo for shotguns, as well as under barrel shotguns).  I'll be interested to see how those work out.

They're in there but they're one of the first things to be put in the mod so they might need some spicing up, if you have any cool suggestions for that im more than happy to read   :D

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.7.3 Counter Strike)
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2021, 01:12:24 pm »
0.7.3 is out! The most important fix is those goddamned LWP camo values, they should now not be stupidly op (You were only visible at 2 tiles, whoops)

Added Bloodhound Gene Mod, provides a bit of armor to your X-dogs but reduces their speed
  Added Riot Combat Shield ufopaedia article and adjusted stats so its slightly cheaper to use but also weaker than the Xeno Combat Shield
  Added a new mission type and two maps for it (Madman Hostage Rescue)
  Added missing sounds to new units
  Added TearGas stats to its ufopaedia page
  Added 3 Tiers of gas mask, potency is what also determines chance for gas to go through the mask and apply debuffs, the higher the base protection the less likely for that to happen:
  - Regular Gas mask which provides 100 base protection
  - Tinted Gas mask which provides 125 base protection + 100 base protection against flashbangs (Not currently possible, this one's disabled)
  - Alloy Respirator which provides 200 base protection
  Added Breaching Explosives ufopaedia slide
  Added new script functions that will reduce stats when wearing impact/riot stab vests and gas masks (Stamina and Time Unit Penalties not working, don't know how to add them yet)
  Added new script function that enables neutral units with the hostage tag to be completely ignored by enemies
  Buffed Winchester's fire rate, lowered its range slightly and can now fire breaching and flechette shells
  Added psi-shield to Hand Of Dagon
  Moved Riot Stab Vest slightly back, you need to have encountered strange creatures and cultists
  Rebalanced Tear Gas to use different potency depending on the source (Mortars will give you 100% , tear gas grenades will give you 40-50%) the random range for the debuffs has its lower limit lowered but upper limit kept the same, additionally it now has a 0.1 toHealth damage modifier instead of 0 since tear gas is not entirely non lethal
  Fixed Motorcycle's base sprite
  Remade the sprite for the Razor Shotgun and its clips (bigOb, floorob and handob)
  Retouched the Alloy Flare Gun sprite a bit (bigob only)
  Retouched the Alloy Assault Pistol Stock's Stock (bigob only)
  Retouched Cyber Taser's sprite a bit (bigob only)
  New sprites for Riot Stab Vest and Impact Vest
  Fixed camo being stupidly op on LWP's, they were only
  Fixed Sturmpistole and Alloy Flare pistol clips' floorob, bigob and explosion animations
  Basic Training now requires at least 6 months of service commendation, and takes a bit longer
  Beretta 93R moved behind Nonstandard weapons, big Beretta clip moved behind Promotion 1
  Cult Convoy and Warehouse missions are more streamlined, "Destruction/Termination" research is automatically completed upon finishing the mission, shown with an objective plus its score points
  Convoys and Warehouses also had their enemy count very slightly reduced
  Cut down the debug_log lines
  Cleaned the script code to a single file, plus some slight optimization
  Removed "Damage bypasses vest!" message when Sanity effects kick in every turn

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2021, 08:16:36 pm »
Bad news, I'm getting a crash when I try to load openxcomfiles with the new version of your mod.  0.7.2b still works though.

I'm using the 13/12/21 github version of openxcomfiles, before all the hybrid changes, so that may have something to do with it.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 08:31:45 pm by Jimboman »

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2021, 11:03:27 pm »
Bad news, I'm getting a crash when I try to load openxcomfiles with the new version of your mod.  0.7.2b still works though.

I'm using the 13/12/21 github version of openxcomfiles, before all the hybrid changes, so that may have something to do with it.

I still can't support the newer versions until they're official, however I don't mind helping people patch the submod can you send me a screenshot of the error? it might be a simple fix

Update 1: Oh actually, this might be my fault because I removed one of the placeholder sprites LOL give me a sec
Update 2: I think there might be something going on with the github version at least on my end, I can't run it even without the submod on
Update 3: I'm going to update the mod with a fix but I think the resound mod might be breaking it as well
Update 4: I've uploaded a fix for the resound mod breaking with the new hybrid changes, changing these should fix that as soon as I update this message I'll finish work on the update for  the fix
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 12:01:14 am by 8mono »

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2021, 11:58:02 pm »
I can't give you a screenshot, sorry.  The alert came-up when trying to load openxcomfiles, which then crashed, but when I removed the new mod and put the old one in again it loaded , and I can't remember what the alert was.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 12:01:11 am by Jimboman »

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2021, 12:15:12 am »
I still can't support the newer versions until they're official, however I don't mind helping people patch the submod can you send me a screenshot of the error? it might be a simple fix

Update 1: Oh actually, this might be my fault because I removed one of the placeholder sprites LOL give me a sec
Update 2: I think there might be something going on with the github version at least on my end, I can't run it even without the submod on
Update 3: I'm going to update the mod with a fix but I think the resound mod might be breaking it as well
Update 4: I've uploaded a fix for the resound mod breaking with the new hybrid changes, changing these should fix that as soon as I update this message I'll finish work on the update for  the fix

Don't worry about it.  I'm not DL'ing another github version and will wait for the next official xcomfiles release, and your .72b mod works with what I have so I'll stick with it.

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2021, 12:22:23 am »
0.73b is up, fixed the missing resources crash, should be enough to make the game start but there's a few other errors going around that don't crash the game (so far) those are next but will take a bit more time

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2021, 03:46:38 pm »
0.73b is up, fixed the missing resources crash, should be enough to make the game start but there's a few other errors going around that don't crash the game (so far) those are next but will take a bit more time

Thanks for all your hard work on this.  Will give it a try later after work.

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2021, 07:59:30 pm »
The new version is working fine now.  Thanks again for all your great work.

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 16, 2021, 11:16:46 pm »
The new version is working fine now.  Thanks again for all your great work.

Glad to hear , have fun!    :D

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.7.4 Counter Strike+)
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2021, 02:32:57 am »
New version is up, the hostage changes were meant to go earlier but I had to test them properly 
  Attachments for weapons should not cost research points now
  All weapon boxes from Cult Convoys should not cost research points now
  Sturmpistole HE and Incendiary grenade rounds now require explosives license to buy
  Added two new commendation for stunning or killing with Chemical or Incendiaries (+1 Sanity, then +5 Sanity at level 10)
  Cult Convoys/Survey Changes:
  - Cult Survey Event now give the correct amount of surveys
  - Reduced enemy count for Dagon Warehouse and Large Convoys (More enemies removed from Warehouse than the convoy)
  - Nodes have been added as well as linked for both Warehouse maps, so units should now be able to move around and patrol
  Hostage Mission Changes:
  - Both Hostage types have new timers, one expires faster than the other. When it hits 0 they're visible to the terrorists.
  - Adjusted the sell price for the hostages
  - Removed a Hostage spawn that was causing issues
  - Both maps have had windows added as well as doors inside
  - Nodes have been linked so the terrorists will move around
  - Hostages will no longer CQC the terrorists as their hands are bound (lol)
  - Adjusted the bomb stats
  - Changed the spawns to be instantaneous
  Nerfed the Accurized shotguns, they were OP as hell
  M16 Masterkey and M203's underbarrel ammo should show up now in the ufopaedia article
  Stock versions of pistols should not require both hands now, but do have a penalty associated when using it with one hand
  Fixed Sturmpistole ufopaedia article
  Added firing sounds to Sturmpistole and Alloy Assault Pistols
  Changed listorders for weapons so they appear in the right spot now (has the side effect of being fragile, and I will rectify my weapons instead when I have more time to do so)
  Fixed Proximity Flares sell price so they're not insanely profitable to make

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.7.4 Counter Strike+)
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2022, 05:40:31 pm »
Suffer my wraith, 0.7.5 is out!  8) 8)