Author Topic: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.8.1d Anarchic Anachronism)  (Read 51282 times)

Offline Hadriex

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.6.0d The Wall)
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2021, 04:07:35 pm »
I can't tell from the pictures how the attachments like the bipod work, and that's what I'm most curious about. Can they be added and removed from guns during battle? Or are the like separate weapons?

Now that I'm imagining how an attachment system might work I can kinda picture something probably more elaborate then what you did. The weapon slot would be expanded to have more slots, and each weapon would simply 'fill' all the slots it doesn't have. Those leaving open attachment slots for attachments it can have. Then the attachments would be items each with their own bonuses. This would probably create all sorts of issues when storing them in backpacks though.    ...Am I making any sense at all?

Anyway, how's your attachment system work, can I get a couple pictures please?

Offline Mrvex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2021, 05:38:06 pm »
I can't tell from the pictures how the attachments like the bipod work, and that's what I'm most curious about. Can they be added and removed from guns during battle? Or are the like separate weapons?

Now that I'm imagining how an attachment system might work I can kinda picture something probably more elaborate then what you did. The weapon slot would be expanded to have more slots, and each weapon would simply 'fill' all the slots it doesn't have. Those leaving open attachment slots for attachments it can have. Then the attachments would be items each with their own bonuses. This would probably create all sorts of issues when storing them in backpacks though.    ...Am I making any sense at all?

Anyway, how's your attachment system work, can I get a couple pictures please?

Attachments are build projects in engineering, you need some pocket change and engineer and its almost instantly build. Then it works as standalone weapon.

Offline Hadriex

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2021, 01:08:25 pm »
Ah. Thanks.

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2021, 09:52:24 pm »
Sorry for being away for so long, life gets complicated sometimes!
I'm getting close to completion of the next version, the content is mostly done I just need a ton of playtesting done so I make sure it works
- Added M16GL (M16 with grenade launcher, 1 round capacity, poor man's OICW)
- Added Sturmpistole (Multiple ammo "flare" gun, concealable and tiny version of a grenade launcher)
- Added upgrade to the Alloy Flare Gun into the Alloy Storm Pistol (tritanium tier for the Sturmpistole)
- Added B-52 Stratofortress:
Serves as a craft between the dragonfly and the first skyranger in terms of transport ability, multi-role, can equip heavy cannons, howitzers, heavy plating or heavy fuel tanks, VERY expensive and cannot hunt down UFO's with its speed, lastly you can unlock a version with higher cargo capacities while sacrificing speed, fuel economy and being able to equip heavy plating (extra weight)
This is a whole new class of craft, its much slower and its cannons are more focused on having range and damage rather than speed, this is an experiment and I want to see what can be done with it. You can have it patrol with a squad of agents in it, the cargo variant of it actually has more troop capacity than the skyranger's 10, plus an extra vehicle while being a lot slower
- Added Motorbike:
Single person vehicle, for those playthroughs where you want to send out lone agents against the world, faster than the sports car
- Added nameAsAmmo properties to the following weapon's ammo:
 BlackOps Auto-Shotgun exotic ammo
 Shard Shotgun ammo
 Shotgun ammo
 Flare Pistol ammo
 LWP Riot Launcher ammo
 Light Hand Cannon ammo
 KS-23M ammo
 All anti-tank rifles
 M3 Carl Gustav ammo
 BlackOps Smart Auto-Shotgun ammo
 Mortar ammo
 Barret HE ammo
 5.16 Ammo (AP and FMJ)
 5.45 Ammo (AP and FMJ)
 7.62 Ammo (AP and FMJ)
 Some others I may have missed, but most if not all the exotic ammunition I added should now work with it, when equipping ammo it will be reflected in the name of the weapon now. I've added this for the weapons with ammo that has different behavior or is the tritanium equivalent, I might add it to more weapons if you guys like it, except the extended magazine versions which I feel are redundant since its obvious when it's big but they'll still say if theyre HE or FMJ just NOT if its FMJ extended, HE extended etc
- Changed the naming convention for mod folder
- Added two new
Spoiler:
Muton
units:
Spoiler:
Muton Berserker: Melee oriented, lots of TU's and hitpoints as well as a deadly AOE punch that can disorient you
 Muton Heavy Gunner: Has access to the plasma gatler, better armored than its normal counterparts

I am not happy with the Smart Auto-shotgun or the Shard Shotgun quite yet, the baton ammo on the first is what worries me most, you cannot cycle that kind of ammunition that easily and I wish to make it reflect that but I haven't had the time or focus for scripting (IF its even possible) so I might just remove it if I can't limit it to 1-2 shots per turn, I don't want to make it single-shot ammo either since that's not the proper solution either. The Shard Shotgun needs further playtesting, I feel it lacks its own identity, as cool as the concept is it doesn't quite feel right yet.

This is also one of the last pieces of pre-invasion content I'm adding so I can focus on further balancing and there probably won't be any more room to keep putting real world guns in (as much as I'd love to keep doing that) from here on I want to do Tritanium and more of the sci-fi ones as well as finish the initial laser/plasma weapons I added, after that I'll finish the HWP and LWPs... basically no more collector edition weapon from WWII or Vietnam War ...unless I can't contain myself and it really does add something to the gameplay
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 03:56:08 am by 8mono »

Offline Tchey

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2021, 01:15:14 pm »
Thanks for the hard work

Will the update be compatible with ongoing campaign, or i should better keep my current version so i break nothing ?

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2021, 09:48:21 pm »
Thanks for the hard work

Will the update be compatible with ongoing campaign, or i should better keep my current version so i break nothing ?

Should be perfectly fine, unless I add missions or something very likely to break campaigns I'll 99% warn you guys beforehand :)

Offline FishyFin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2021, 07:59:28 am »
I wonder if it's cool to have X-Com version of some Cyberweb stuff. Since X-Com laser have elerium battery for the first tier and anti-matter containment for the second tier. Something like 2 more tier of Lightning Thrower would be great with upgrade on power input.

Another addition I would like to try making is a transport ship with smart layout. I like how the Lightning have elevators, but I don't like how the alien above and bellow can see my agents inside. Something like multiple auto doors on different directions similar to Skymarshall would be more practical. We can make elevator better by putting it into a different sections separated by some auto doors to avoid being seen through. Also include roof access for artillery as well. All those combine and we can have a rapid deploy + fortress like kind of transport that is safe to our operatives on deploy while deadly to any enemies surrounding it. Of course to make it balance, the ship space will be smaller compare to average transports for having many separate section and doors, or much slower if the player insist on having a big squad size + HWP include.

Also while setting up way point I find out that I can set different the patrol priority. We can make it so that the enemy would be very tempting to board the ship. Which mean either you have to kill them fast or they will try to jump in and melee you.

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2021, 04:54:31 am »
I wonder if it's cool to have X-Com version of some Cyberweb stuff. Since X-Com laser have elerium battery for the first tier and anti-matter containment for the second tier. Something like 2 more tier of Lightning Thrower would be great with upgrade on power input.

Actually I want to do some of the Cyberweb stuff, either an alternative/sidegrade or an upgrade of them I'm honestly not a big fan of the original stuff

Another addition I would like to try making is a transport ship with smart layout. I like how the Lightning have elevators, but I don't like how the alien above and bellow can see my agents inside. Something like multiple auto doors on different directions similar to Skymarshall would be more practical. We can make elevator better by putting it into a different sections separated by some auto doors to avoid being seen through. Also include roof access for artillery as well. All those combine and we can have a rapid deploy + fortress like kind of transport that is safe to our operatives on deploy while deadly to any enemies surrounding it. Of course to make it balance, the ship space will be smaller compare to average transports for having many separate section and doors, or much slower if the player insist on having a big squad size + HWP include.

I have two planned ships like this, a lot more strategic resources rather than having more capacity on them, It's a bit difficult to balance them though, I adapted one from another mod already, only reason I havent advertised it more is I'm waiting for permission from author
https://openxcom.mod.io/tactical-lightning

Also while setting up way point I find out that I can set different the patrol priority. We can make it so that the enemy would be very tempting to board the ship. Which mean either you have to kill them fast or they will try to jump in and melee you.

This sounds cool, but I have no idea how to edit that, sorry

« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 05:49:25 am by 8mono »

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.7.0 Name Pending)
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2021, 08:18:19 am »
Version 0.7 is out! Go download it at the mod.io page for now, it won't let me upload iit here  :-\

Offline Hadriex

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2021, 01:00:43 pm »
A few things I've always really wanted, but are kinda pipe dreams.

#1 Arbalest: A big heavy version of the crossbow that deals awesome damage, but, takes like 90% TU to reload the damn thing. Clip size 1. It's heavy. Available early in the game.
The UFOpedia mentioned outdated weapons that are overengineered being useful, well, this would be the poster child. Tactically you could carry one into battle, fire it once, then whip out a sidearm. Or, if given the opportunity duck for cover and spend a round reloading it.

#2 brass knuckles: I dunno why but I always wish that some of the gangsters randomly had this crappy melee option. Just seems like something these punks would use. Maybe it can train bravery if you want it to have some use.

#3 Silver Bullets. Probably beyond the scope of what you're doing to add a damage type, but imagine if all the artificial creatures, from werewolves to chupacabra had a weakness to silver. When hunting creature sightings you keep a couple revolvers loaded with silvered rounds just in case.

#4 neuralyzer spray. For the men in black. It's like pepper spray but a bit more effective, when researched the page would say it's a chemical cocktail that make's it's target forget the last few hours, and probably disorients the hell out of them.

Anyway, keep it up, next time I play a round of the xcom files I'll definitely be using your work :)

Offline EleriumWard

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2021, 01:48:43 pm »
Good evening. I would just like to ask something. By any chance, does your mod contain the following?

STR_PUMP_ACTION_SLUGS
STR_M16MK

Recently, I have not been able to play The X-com Files due to an error related to these.

Error processing 'STR_M16MK' in items: Item STR_PUMP_ACTION_SLUGS not found

Any ideas? Thank you.

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2021, 01:55:02 pm »
Good evening. I would just like to ask something. By any chance, does your mod contain the following?

STR_PUMP_ACTION_SLUGS
STR_M16MK

Recently, I have not been able to play The X-com Files due to an error related to these.

Error processing 'STR_M16MK' in items: Item STR_PUMP_ACTION_SLUGS not found

Any ideas? Thank you.

I forgot to implement this in a better way, the slugs are from the weapon overhaul mod I need to remove them or make the overhaul a necessary mod, I will upload a version without the slugs regardless, just a moment

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.7.1 The Hand Of Dagon)
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2021, 02:12:01 pm »
I have asked Eddie if they'd be willing to let me integrate their submod fully into mine to avoid any compatibility issues in the future, for now I have a version without the slugs referenced uploaded so anyone should be able to play it without having that one installed

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,9683.0.html

here's the link to the other submod, it's pretty cool

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2021, 02:16:59 pm »
A few things I've always really wanted, but are kinda pipe dreams.

#1 Arbalest: A big heavy version of the crossbow that deals awesome damage, but, takes like 90% TU to reload the damn thing. Clip size 1. It's heavy. Available early in the game.
The UFOpedia mentioned outdated weapons that are overengineered being useful, well, this would be the poster child. Tactically you could carry one into battle, fire it once, then whip out a sidearm. Or, if given the opportunity duck for cover and spend a round reloading it.

#2 brass knuckles: I dunno why but I always wish that some of the gangsters randomly had this crappy melee option. Just seems like something these punks would use. Maybe it can train bravery if you want it to have some use.

#3 Silver Bullets. Probably beyond the scope of what you're doing to add a damage type, but imagine if all the artificial creatures, from werewolves to chupacabra had a weakness to silver. When hunting creature sightings you keep a couple revolvers loaded with silvered rounds just in case.

#4 neuralyzer spray. For the men in black. It's like pepper spray but a bit more effective, when researched the page would say it's a chemical cocktail that make's it's target forget the last few hours, and probably disorients the hell out of them.

Anyway, keep it up, next time I play a round of the xcom files I'll definitely be using your work :)

1) We already have a heavy crossbow, albeit unlocked much later in the game so Im not sure if it would become too redundant
2) That'd be a nice addition, I don't have any melee weapons in here yet so definately would look into this
3) This isn't too hard to implement, just a bit tedious since I'd need to give a special tag to all the affected monsters and script the ammo to do extra damage to those with the tag, the main problem is progression wise and how it would tie up with the later research you get that
Spoiler:
eliminates monsters altogether
4) I do want to add an upgrade to Tear Gas/Flashbangs so this would actually come in handy, plus it fits the MIB expansion I want to do too at some point

Thanks for the suggestions, and have fun!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 02:19:08 pm by 8mono »

Offline EleriumWard

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.7.1 The Hand Of Dagon)
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2021, 03:16:35 am »
Good morning.

I downloaded the latest version of this submod yesterday. I can finally play X-Com Files again. Thanks!