aliens

Author Topic: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.8.1d Anarchic Anachronism)  (Read 51292 times)

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.6.0 The Wall)
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2021, 12:58:15 am »
I've discovered a bug in 0.6.  I can't 'extract' from Red Dawn Ammo boxes even after researching them, although the other Red Dawn boxes work ok.

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2021, 06:00:32 am »
I've discovered a bug in 0.6.  I can't 'extract' from Red Dawn Ammo boxes even after researching them, although the other Red Dawn boxes work ok.
Thank you, it's fixed you should be able to see a project for opening crates now

I'm currently not going to be working on any future updates for now, I intend to return when I have the motivation to work on this again but for now I promise to mantain the mod and work on squashing any nasty bugs that may arise :)

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2021, 04:11:05 pm »
Thank you, it's fixed you should be able to see a project for opening crates now

I'm currently not going to be working on any future updates for now, I intend to return when I have the motivation to work on this again but for now I promise to mantain the mod and work on squashing any nasty bugs that may arise :)

Thanks for the fix, that was quick!

I find this mod adds much more 'fun' to the early game with the extra missions instead of endless monster hunts and cult safehouses, and the extra equipment helps a lot before you're able to get promotion II.

Offline ashtroboy79

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.6.0b The Wall)
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2021, 02:26:04 am »
Im slightly confused with the convoy missions, how do you progress from small to medium to large? Is it just a number that need to be done or a specific objective/character that needs to be caught?

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2021, 12:05:49 pm »
Im slightly confused with the convoy missions, how do you progress from small to medium to large? Is it just a number that need to be done or a specific objective/character that needs to be caught?

In the 'small' mission you need to capture a logistics guy and interrogate him to get the medium convoy mission.  He looks like a Red Dawn Sailor but he has a green-striped shirt instead of a blue one.  In the medium convoy you have to capture a logistics officer, who looks like the usual Red Dawn officer.  The one I got looked like Natasha Morova(spelling?).  If you've done the capture Natasha mission you'll know who I mean.  I haven't got a large convoy mission yet, so I don't know who to capture to move to the warehouse assault.

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2021, 12:26:19 pm »
In the 'small' mission you need to capture a logistics guy and interrogate him to get the medium convoy mission.  He looks like a Red Dawn Sailor but he has a green-striped shirt instead of a blue one.  In the medium convoy you have to capture a logistics officer, who looks like the usual Red Dawn officer.  The one I got looked like Natasha Morova(spelling?).  If you've done the capture Natasha mission you'll know who I mean.  I haven't got a large convoy mission yet, so I don't know who to capture to move to the warehouse assault.

that is correct, I believe the large convoys didnt have new units to capture, they're just like the medium convoy units, just better armed and slightly more of them. I can't recall if you got the illegal requisition files from there and those directly unlocked the Warehouse or if you need to complete the mission for that to trigger

« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 12:28:04 pm by 8mono »

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2021, 10:29:37 pm »
Thanks for the fix, that was quick!

I find this mod adds much more 'fun' to the early game with the extra missions instead of endless monster hunts and cult safehouses, and the extra equipment helps a lot before you're able to get promotion II.

The mod began with me wanting to make the transition from Promotion 2 to 3 a bit easier with things like the LWP's and the Heavy Riot Armor (those being less tanky versions of the HWP's and Tactical suit you unlock later on), the problem with the extra missions is I don't want to bloat the game too much and they mostly help players like me who decide to play with Alien Weapons Self-destruct , not sure if people with the option off find these mission's rewards excessive

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2021, 01:56:13 am »
The mod began with me wanting to make the transition from Promotion 2 to 3 a bit easier with things like the LWP's and the Heavy Riot Armor (those being less tanky versions of the HWP's and Tactical suit you unlock later on), the problem with the extra missions is I don't want to bloat the game too much and they mostly help players like me who decide to play with Alien Weapons Self-destruct , not sure if people with the option off find these mission's rewards excessive

Well in my case I started a new game on 1.9.1 (just about to hit year 2) and the extra missions add a bit of variety, as I noted in a previous post.  I'm not fond of 'old weapons' like shotguns and hunting rifles, so getting AKs early from the RD missions (and being able to buy them) before Promotion II helps me a lot.  The riot gear makes you more survivable than a coat or suit as well.

I hope you're still working on this, because getting a steady supply of M16s from Exalt would make the guys in my 'Area 51' base very happy!

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2021, 02:29:46 am »
Things being worked on right now (No new gameplay features yet!, mostly workflow):
- Further cleanup of the mod's files (It looks more like the original mod now!)
- Script modularity, sort of (Breaking up the different scripts into modules makes it easier to add/remove and play test them, I still have to see if this works as intended)
- Workflow improvements (Testing is a lot easier now that I've separated two main builds, one is release the other is experimental build) these will lead to less stray files and possible file fuckery that might occur because I'm testing new features that need to be fully fleshed out or they bork other aspects of the mod
- Updated the OXCE version used to take advantage of one feature I was really looking forward to (version 7.0.15 at least)
- Refining the scripts already in the mod (mine anyways, the ones already in XCF are pretty good already) I've updated my other mod Support Deployables which is where I deploy most new items I work on so I can test them and then I bring them over here, I reworked the logic for the Impact Vest script on that and will be updating those changes over here too, and maybe bring the Hellweave vest as well

Things that you can look forward to being reworked/updated:
- Everything script based (Impact Vest, Proximity Ammo, Illuminating Ammo etc)
- Reconciliation with added items that might conflict with XCF's new items (BlackOps nightvision suit for example)
Things or features that will be added eventually:
- Mid to Late game items, research and even aliens!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 02:36:49 am by 8mono »

Offline Thatguysenpai

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.6.0c The Wall)
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2021, 05:47:54 am »
I hope you keep the tac-ops suit in its current iteration, its an incredibly useful filler armor for most missions and rookies, the armor and resistances are great for the early game and the camo helps against the aliens and their ridiculousness. It feels like the logical standard issue after Xcom makes the jumpsuit, like, why wouldn't you also just put a kevlar vest over it, lol.

Good job so far, this mod was fun to play with on my latest campaign!

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2021, 06:19:47 pm »
I'm sorry to say this mod breaks the new version of Xcomfiles due to the changes in the barett rifle.  I had to delete this submod even just to get xcomfiles running.

Offline nickkeane

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2021, 06:47:49 am »
I'm sorry to say this mod breaks the new version of Xcomfiles due to the changes in the barett rifle.  I had to delete this submod even just to get xcomfiles running.

Change all STR_M83_BARETT* references to STR_M82_BARETT* in the rul files

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.6.0d The Wall)
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2021, 10:25:15 am »
It should be working now, uploaded newest version

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2021, 08:38:35 pm »
It should be working now, uploaded newest version

Works great.  Thanks for the update.

Offline Blood Raven 117

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2021, 02:56:37 am »
I've loaded a save and made a new game, for some reason its as if the mod resources aren't there. No research options and those that i have researched disappeared. Going to try uninstalling then reinstalling again.

EDIT: Right I don't know what, why, or how, but I think my computer just hates this file for some reason. I got around it by using 7 zip extractor and directing it right into the OXCE folder I'm using. It fixed all the missing files.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 03:04:07 am by Blood Raven 117 »