aliens

Author Topic: [ADDON] ROSIGMA  (Read 103829 times)

Offline noflic

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [ADDON] ROSIGMA
« Reply #225 on: August 17, 2022, 02:36:22 am »
Are the Spiral Throne and Xeno Infection researches supposed to be available for all Inquisition factions but give nothing unless you pick Ordo Xenos, or are they currently just placeholders? Makes some sense if it's locked to Xenos, but in that case it's a bit of a trap having them researchable.

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 20, 2022, 11:31:28 pm »
the new Blue Orks are very fun, as I am playing with the Arbites it is a welcomed addition to get some good IG or Sistas only weapons from them.

is there a plan to add promotion from Enforcer to Judge? (otherwise the 2x best Arbiter armors cannot be used by veteran Enforcers and so Judges are needed to be trained early on...and it would be nice as the Pardon is working for Long time service, maybe Enforcer to Judge after reaching veteran?)

Offline Scamps

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 21, 2022, 11:25:36 pm »
the final level with Rosigma I think with Inq, SM, Sistas or IG is doable....BUT is it possible with the Arbiters?
Browsing tech tree, I got an impression that final mission can differ depending on faction, and that that feature is used in 40k. I might be imagining things though. Devs should know for sure.

Offline Scamps

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 22, 2022, 12:21:06 am »
So I started the final mission as Sororitas. Can't consider the playthrough finished, still it's a good time as any to write a bit of feedback.

First of all, you developers rock. Both bulletdesigner and Rosigma team. The mod is so distinct from others and so immersive! And such amount of content! I totally trust the direction you take developing this mod. And here are some random little bits that I noticed while playing, in no particular order (order, heh).

- Guard strategies lack codex entries. What is 'Scion' Strategy? Sorry, I am not that familiar with 40k.
- Also sister 'strategies'. Which are not currently strategies as they don't limit development. If they will stay that way, probably not call them strategies at all? Like "We currently have/Request help from   Novices/Repentias/Superios/Dominions".
- Pilots can use honorguard armour.
- Novitiate Sister Superior, Repentia Sister Superior and Sister Superior. Do these differ in any meaningful way? Looking in the codex I can't see the difference. Maybe it is in scripts though.
- Repentia armour has really low energy recovery, especially for melee armor.
- What is the point of repentia transformation? Free armour and that's it? Other sisters can use it as well. From lore perspective it is hard to say why convertion is necessary. Maybe repentance can be achieved after a single battle, and in a day there are again sins to atone for?
- Order Mechanicus though is a good candidate for transformation lorewize. It bugs me somewhat that every marine can wear mechanicus armour.
- Generally amount of transformations seems too high. For example, award cantus armour? Does it really need a transformation?
- Why manufacturing projects like requision inquisitor have byproducts? Piratez somehow manages without that. Also, some things like a free De'az bolter may be obsolete by endgame.
- Adeptas gravgun requies researching 5 different chaos gravguns, all of them. An overkill, probably? Found four, than edited the save.
- Why do sniper rifles have limited aimed range? They won't be overpowered even if they were able to shoot across whole map. Armour poses a serious problem to them (and they are SLOW).
- Is it intended that enemies spawned on player turn via reaction fire or transformation immedially have TUs and can reaction fire? I believe it was not the case some versions ago (might be wrong though).
- Restoration time. Apothecary is not nearly enough! Everyone has a ton HP! Grey Knights will resurrect their fallen faster then wait for healing! Or maybe it is just my problem.

Dodge mechanic proably warrants a separate post, but let's keep it here.
Dodge as currently implemented is highly RNG dependant. Sometimes it does not trigger at all, and another time I had a case when 3 sisters fired at a genestealer from 1 tile away, and did not hit it a single time (guess what happened next turn). Also busrts hit or miss in their eternity, be it 2 or 10 shots in a burst. My idea is to make dodge cost TUs. You can even make dodge guaranteed if enemy has enough TUs. But! If TUs go negative, they should carry to next turn, like webber script. That way if the genestealer from above example avoided 3 sister-turns of fire, it should at least not act on his next turn. Sorry if it is too complicated, I am a designer, not a scripter :-)

Thanks for reading my ramblings! Keep up excellent work!

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 22, 2022, 09:29:15 am »
Browsing tech tree, I got an impression that final mission can differ depending on faction, and that that feature is used in 40k. I might be imagining things though. Devs should know for sure.

well with INQ its almost a Doom Eternal like experience wave after wave Battle....I think this week I will be ready with the Arbiters (I am already with Multimeltas , Arbitor armor etc) and will see how different it is to the INQ (who are maybe the strongest faction)

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 23, 2022, 11:33:11 pm »
well in the end I had some time (during work as the guy playing the game is on hiatus...yes I watched others playing it like a Rusky playing it as INQ and IG)

so I figured it out and did following modifications:

promote Enforcer to Judge (only for long service + veteran)...well I have 6x Eligible incl. one who started as a Penetant...should be added to the mod as its very rewarding special if one sees a "Knackie" go all to way up to become a Judge

give Arbites the personal shield and bionics (same as IG) - allowed Enforcers and Judges to be enhanced (given it to Enforcers also as there are no Judge healers, also heavy Enforcers with shield are good so given them the opportunity to get also these bonus)

starting base: removed the 2x shield armor (not compatible with Rosigma...so added 2x extra heavy enforcer armor), added special Stubber ammo to the start + 1x Shotpistol + 1x Stubcannon and a small extra 1x Kelemorph pistol + ammo (can be researched and used...to buy still the Ceramite is needed, but the price set to 100k (its weaker then the Fletchette gun) and set ammo price to 8k (more expensive then Hotshot or AP Stubber ammo))

Heavy enforcer + shield armor "fixed" (it adds 130 front armor but used regular enforcer armor as basis...so I added heavy enforcer armor as basis)
and added the option to buy Hotshot ammo to Arbites (one has Vostroya Lasguns or Master crafted lasguns...and no ammo)

to be noticed, I am in my first play when I produced all Master crafted weapon (available...I produced Mx Stormbolters or Mc Heavy plasma when playing as SM)...the MC Laspistol I even used as playing with Astartes...good weapon for the medic, MC Light boltpistol...used for shield Enforcers, MC Lasguns - the snipers that used Stubrifles or Vostroya lasguns...I given them it later. (with hotshot ammo preety good)..the MC shotgun for Arbiters it is "useless" as one have the MC Lawbringer (was usefull when playing as different factions), now with the change that one cannot just buy the good bolters at the Trade place...I produced MC bolters and MC light Bolters (I never did before) and I am surprised how good they are (used just stalker bolters, ultra bolters previously) and finally MC Plasma weapons' or Gravguns...the very best as always...only weapons better then the MC ones...the Kombi ones from the "Mellee pack" ...

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 24, 2022, 11:53:13 am »
Lots of good feedback from you guys. Let me dive in.

Final Mission: It is indeed slightly different for each faction. Won´t spoil how, but basically you encounter different enemy mixes depending on your own faction (easier for guard/Arbites than Sisters/Marines/GK).

Spiral Throne and Xeno Infection researches

Research hooks for fluff + Events + unlocking some sort of final GSC mission, whenever I get around to expanding the GSC implementation.

add promotion from Enforcer to Judge? (otherwise the 2x best Arbiter armors cannot be used by veteran Enforcers and so Judges are needed to be trained early on...and it would be nice as the Pardon is working for Long time service, maybe Enforcer to Judge after reaching veteran?)

Not sure on how fluffy this is, but I´m not against it, fairly easy to implement.

- Guard strategies lack codex entries. What is 'Scion' Strategy? Sorry, I am not that familiar with 40k.

There´s plenty of missing codex entries that needs writing up. Just haven´t gotten around to it.

- Also sister 'strategies'. Which are not currently strategies as they don't limit development. If they will stay that way, probably not call them strategies at all? Like "We currently have/Request help from   Novices/Repentias/Superios/Dominions".

They do limit development, but mostly in subtle ways.
Novice strategy is the longer one, while SoB and Dominion shortens the early tech tree. Dominion Strategy also gives access to the special veteran sisters right away (and some other better techs).
They also have somewhat different craft access, and starter craft.

- Novitiate Sister Superior, Repentia Sister Superior and Sister Superior. Do these differ in any meaningful way? Looking in the codex I can't see the difference. Maybe it is in scripts though.

They are slightly different, but exist mainly for flavor with GWs own design decision (a bit of an issue in general, not in the mod: the Dogmata which is another similar unit).
Why they are in the mod: You get some to start with as Novice/Repentia strategy (their specific flavor) with different gear.
The Sister Superiors are in the promotion chain to the Canoness.

- Pilots can use honorguard armour.

Battle Sister pilots are technically just battle sisters, hence not as restricted as other pilots. Due to starting out with a bunch of them, for certain strategies where we don´t just want them switching over right away to power armor the current implementation is what it is. Less of an issue for later armors though.

- Repentia armour has really low energy recovery, especially for melee armor.

Good on spotting that, will be buffed.

- What is the point of repentia transformation? Free armour and that's it? Other sisters can use it as well. From lore perspective it is hard to say why convertion is necessary. Maybe repentance can be achieved after a single battle, and in a day there are again sins to atone for?

Again, fluff mainly. The more restricted repentia soldier type for the repentia strategy (again, to prevent them from just swapping to power armor right away). This restricted repentia armor does have some benefits over the other version though.
- Order Mechanicus though is a good candidate for transformation lorewize. It bugs me somewhat that every marine can wear mechanicus armour.

A vanilla 40k mod implementation, haven´t touched it but probably a good change to make for fluffiness.

- Generally amount of transformations seems too high. For example, award cantus armour? Does it really need a transformation?

These sort of upgrade transformations is generally to award specific equipment packs. The Cantus is not a new soldier type.

- Why manufacturing projects like requision inquisitor have byproducts? Piratez somehow manages without that. Also, some things like a free De'az bolter may be obsolete by endgame.

The game crashes if the manufacturing project do now have 1 byproduct, hence certain projects needing to give a purity seal or something else (this item can technically be "invisible" by making it like, adamantium or such.)

- Adeptas gravgun requies researching 5 different chaos gravguns, all of them. An overkill, probably? Found four, than edited the save.

Probably needs a research setup change to allow "one" of these to give the research access.

- Why do sniper rifles have limited aimed range? They won't be overpowered even if they were able to shoot across whole map. Armour poses a serious problem to them (and they are SLOW).

We prefer to keep [sniping meta] a little weaker, to expose snipers to some risk. The AI generally isn´t very good at dealing with this, as firing ranges are more limited for most weapons in this mod vs base x-com.

- Is it intended that enemies spawned on player turn via reaction fire or transformation immedially have TUs and can reaction fire? I believe it was not the case some versions ago (might be wrong though).

Some do, some do not. Summoned enemies that can´t act until "another turn" are very weak. Think of their danger as a replacement of just having a big damaging explosion from like a grenade.
- Restoration time. Apothecary is not nearly enough! Everyone has a ton HP! Grey Knights will resurrect their fallen faster then wait for healing! Or maybe it is just my problem.

Looking at a fix for this, maybe with a script to make recovery time dependent on % of health lost rather than a flat amount. Not an issue in base X-COM, but more so here with higher health pools.

Dodge mechanic proably warrants a separate post, but let's keep it here.
Dodge as currently implemented is highly RNG dependant. Sometimes it does not trigger at all, and another time I had a case when 3 sisters fired at a genestealer from 1 tile away, and did not hit it a single time (guess what happened next turn). Also busrts hit or miss in their eternity, be it 2 or 10 shots in a burst. My idea is to make dodge cost TUs. You can even make dodge guaranteed if enemy has enough TUs. But! If TUs go negative, they should carry to next turn, like webber script. That way if the genestealer from above example avoided 3 sister-turns of fire, it should at least not act on his next turn. Sorry if it is too complicated, I am a designer, not a scripter :-)

The issue with such dodge implementations (TU dependent) is that the AI doesn´t know how to use it. Instead Ive chosen to lower health/armor of these units vs what they were before (which was a crutch then due to not having a dodge mechanic).
Maybe in the future, with some sort of suppression script, one could lower % chance over repeated shots at the same enemy. But in effect, with random rolls you will land those hits if you fire 10 shots (aside for a rare few enemies, no unit has over 33% dodge).

Simi822: Looks like nice changes to Arbites. If you got the modifications saved and can share them I could update the mod files, as we haven´t focused much on Arbites.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 11:59:27 am by Leflair »

Offline Scamps

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 24, 2022, 12:46:10 pm »
Looking at a fix for this, maybe with a script to make recovery time dependent on % of health lost rather than a flat amount. Not an issue in base X-COM, but more so here with higher health pools.
I wonder if negative flatBonus works. Then you could give access lift negative flatBonus and positive relBonus.
Not sure if flat amount should go. Just increasing flat recovery or % recovery on apothecary or whatever building would be fine IMO.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 12:47:55 pm by Scamps »

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 24, 2022, 07:00:08 pm »
here are the RUL files nicely in the correct folders....2x changes made to the 40k mod...1x starting base (but I see that its not really working?) 1x promote to Judge - working

and changes to the Rosigma: Keler gun price, awards shield and bionics, armor stats and starting gear...all working

why the change in regards of the starting Arbiter base (remove 2x shield armor and add 2x heavy armor) is not working is a mystery to me

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 26, 2022, 08:27:05 am »
so I figured it out...now starting base also works without editing the main 40K mod...and the keler gun is there BUT one has to do research first to be able to use it!

will look how the promotion to Judge could be working without changing the main mod...its tricky as Rosigma deletes that function and in the main mod its restricted by stats not by achievements....will look how to enable it without changing the main mod

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 28, 2022, 11:58:13 pm »
question what are the best visual settings? which to use? /was playing around with the judge promotion. And had to nuke the whole shieet and game restarted with 1994 setting and now tired to set it back but not and expert what is the best...too many available and too lazy/

also still cannot make the judge promotion run without changing the main 40k mod...so it cannot be done only by editing ROSIGMA?

Offline Scamps

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 30, 2022, 11:10:42 pm »
Another idea for dodge. Can it reduce hit chance? In same fashion like melee evasion works in Piratez. This will make dodge more effective at higher diastances and against poor shooters or inacurate weapons. At close range it will have much lesser effect. Also it solves unrealistic dodging or not dodging whole burst. Also shotguns will become more useful against evasive enemies. On the other hand, it will allow to dodge missiles and grenades. It will feel not like dodging bullet itself, but like tricking the shooter.

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 15, 2022, 01:56:07 am »
so just finished watching the Autor of the sanctioned Eldar aka mr. Jopper longplay as the Inquisition....well it was interesting...especially how he used quite "weak units" like frateris with "basic" weapons a lot (when he had access to better units and weapons) and then in the end he raised a army of Inq Assassins with FORCE Halberds'.a combination I would never dream off (I given my assassins' Eldari Swords)  never less it was very educational and I started to watch his longplay with the Imperial guard (already what is he doing with the Ogryns is like WTF...ogryns with heavy bolters and Meltas....I given max a ultra Boltgun to my best Ogryn (accuracy 60) but that was a one time deal...rest got Ripperguns)

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 27, 2022, 09:00:46 pm »
Mr Jopper comes up with quite creative ideas.

Scamps: Interesting idea for dodge. Don't want it to go away completely (defeats the point of it for melee units that need dodge to be a bit survivable up close) but some sort of reduction by range might be possible to script.

Anyways, both 40k mainmod and ROSIGMA have now updated. 033 and 1.09B respectively. Requires OXCE 7.7.3

Patch Notes:
Spoiler:
UPDATE 1.09B NOTES:
**Requires OXCE 7.7.3**

- First phase new Eldar 40k v33 update integration.
  Eldar armors given suitable dodge values.
  Eldar armors given updated personal lights values.

- Improved movement range for jump packs while flying, reduced TU cost.

- Buffed Portable Multilaser versions, slightly better range and 2 more shots (12 total, up from 10).

- Raised Repair Rates of ground craft to 10 (usually 4-6) and aircraft to 5 (from 1).

ADEPTAS:
- Malthus Light Lascannon buff: accuracy +10, TU cost -5 (now 2 snap shots possible if not moving). Power +10 dmg, toHealth +10% and power drop off +6 tiles (now 16).

DREADNOUGHTS and PENTINENT ENGINES toughness buff:
- Buffed armor (Front, Sides, Under to 200-260). Venerable Dreads (SM and GK) are stronger.
- Buffed Health (to 100-120, max 150, from 50-70) for the FALLEN SM/GK Dread Pilots

- Buffed SM Assault Cannon, higher rate of fire (10 rounds auto) + small accuracy bump and TU cost reduction.

NURGLE:
- New Enemy Unit: Deathguard Plague Spewer, armed with its namesake weapon. Sprays foul TAINT everywhere. Think flamethrower but with ACID damage. Ignores 40% of armor and does lot of fatal wounds. 

ORK:
- New Weapon, Ork Chainsword.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 09:06:18 pm by Leflair »

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 16, 2022, 05:40:22 pm »
ROSIGMA 1.09C is now released.
Highlight: Some 18 map variants added for Deserter Hideout missions and the Space Hulk.

Spoiler:
UPDATE 1.09C NOTES:
**Requires OXCE 7.7.3**

Fixes:
- Minor sprite correction to Slaanesh Missile BigOBs and Adeptas Assault Cannon
- Adeptas Galgalim Assault Cannon bigOB adjusted to show correctly in the inventory when equipped.
- Adeptas Castigator AC turret battlesprite position adjusted
- Plague Spewer Handob will now display correctly
- Webpistol handob updated to not overlap with the Handcannon index.
- Unit UI sprites updated with the new Eldar UI mini-me.
- Missing vanilla Eldar Craft Equipment language strings.

MAP Updated:
- The Space Hulk top floor has been modified, as has the second level core area to make it a little harder to rush.
New GSC spawn ins will be defending the core (Any present Orks may or may not take note of them).
Spawn in Timers tightened 1-2 turns.
- Added 8 variant first level Space Hulk maps, with different approaches, changed rooms and some surprises. Each map has its own timers for spawn ins. The trickier layouts have more genrous timers.
- URBAN08, Deserter Hideout base map updated, also added URBAN19-27 which are variations on URBAN08 with different rooms and layout + 2 larger map blocks. Deserter Hideout map generation increased from 50x50 tiles to 60x60 tiles. A larger % of units will spawn indoors.

NURGLE:
- Updated Plague Spewer with animation script and new floor corpse.
- Added custom color index for vaportrails to enable green goo hosin´ from the Plague Spewer.