aliens

Author Topic: [ADDON] ROSIGMA  (Read 103886 times)

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [ADDON] ROSIGMA
« Reply #195 on: July 27, 2022, 06:48:40 pm »
The Tank convoy got updated to drop the 2 Leman Rus roof slots, as there's no way to get off there.

I've put up version 1.08F2 with some minor fixes.

https://openxcom.mod.io/rosigma

Patch Notes 1.08F and F2
Spoiler:
1.08F2 Notes:
- FIX: Mortar Arcing set to False.
- FIX: Dependencies for the GK and Marine Craft to not appear for Guard/Adeptas.
- FIX: Solo Bolters and Ammo available to anyone who gets Light Bolter tech.
- FIX: Adjusted HandOB Sprite for the one-handed Stubcannon
- FIX: New Valkyrie set to 16 crew instead of 22.

1.08F Notes:
- FIX: An issue preventing the new AI Devastators from showing up.
- FIX: Some missing art pieces in the heretic canoness and chaos combat servitor codex pieces not showing up.
- FIX: Replace Grey Knight research dependency with Chamber Militant to enable radical and heretic inquisition paths to reach mid-tier and high tier. Added motion scanner, weapon requisition and craftadd to chambermilitant unlocks as well.
- SCRIPT CHANGE: Heavy Weapons Team script modified to allow for a little bit of shuffling after deploying, the unit should retain 5 energy.
- QoL: -20% volume to the jetpack noise, shortened loop.
- BUFF: Buffed ammo capacity/damage of all craftweapons sans the craft bolters. There's now a reason to invest in research and upgrades.
- BUFF: Adeptas and Guard disposable launchers accuracy buffed by 20, TU cost reduced to 33. Damage buffed by 10 power and 0.4 (40%) armor rend damage.
- Removed dependency of Heavy Plasma research to research the chaos multimelta. If you can get it, research it+its ammo, you can build it. Should be around summer months.
- CRAFT CHANGE: Normal Valkyrie Extended, now has 22 slots instead of 16. It's long, fat, and very happy. Also, it got a nose bolter now.

- NEW MISSILES: 3 types of larger rockets For the Medium Missile Launchers (Marines, Adeptas Throne and new Guard ML:
1) Melta missile becomes available at mid-tier+meltagun research. Very expensive, it does 140 melta damage and 40% is applied as armor damage.
2) Heavy Krak Missile, takes the damage spot of the old Krak missile. Higher weight.
3) Heavy Frag Missile, takes the spot of the old Frag missile + slightly buffed damage. Higher weight.
- REBALANCE: Small Missiles (SMALL_ROCKET, LARGE_ROCKET and INCENDIARY) reduced weight and cost. Damage and radius dropped slightly on the frag and krak versions. You can buy and carry a lot more of these than the big ones.
All Krak and Melta missiles set to RandomType 2 (50-150% damage) or RandomType 7 (50-200% damage) instead of default 0-200%. The smaller krak missile has 50-150%. The Heavy Frag missile set to 50-200% as well.
- REBALANCE: Krak grenades now do 50-200% damage instead of 0-200%.
- REBALANCE: Sniper Rifle Ammo cost brought in line with other ammo costs in Rosigma, i.e more expensive.
- REBALANCE: Boltpistols sold at the MARKET outpost now 150k instead of 300k. Boltgun costs also reduced slightly.
- REBALANCE: Reduced kill token cost for several MC weapons so they are a little cheaper than the MC Heavy Plasma (everything was priced at 300 token cost, making the Heavy Plasma a no brainer).

- AVAILABILITY: Autostub ammo + Velonium Ammo now available through the MARKET if you research the respective captured ammo from Kelermorphs. Velonium also requires Ceramite-tier research. Very expensive, but very nice pistol ammo.

MARINES:
- Flying support armor buffed for rocket pods. From 50 to 150. Should now survive a turn or two. Maybe.
- Landraider craft access moved to mid-tier from high tier..
- Reduced kill token cost for several armors.

ARBITES:
- Assault Stubber, Stubcannon, new Shot(gun) pistol and Accatran Missile Launcher now available for Arbites.
- Stub Rifle Rounds price balanced. Made available to guard. AP rounds now require Adamantium research, Wound rounds require medikit research and expander roudns require promethium research.
- NEW WEAPON: Flechette Pistol / Delaque Autopistol. Ceramite Tier, available through the MARKET outpost. Takes any kind of stub ammo, including autostubber (Liberator) velonium, the long-magazine "smg" ammo and the stub rifle ammo. Accurate and with a quick 20 TU cost double tap snap fire. Available to Arbites and Guard.

ADEPTAS:
- Throne Missile Launcher now works like other medium missile launchers, and can fire the other missile types (if not in auto fire-mode). Cost and stats rebalanced to match.

CHAMBER:
- Removed - STR_GREYKNIGHTS dependencies and replaced with STR_CHAMBERMILITANT to enable inquisition to unlock tiers and craft, including manufacturing.

GUARD
- MISSION CHANGE: Webway missions 20 turn timer removed. However, the Eldar will come in with reinforcements at turn 12+.
- BUFF: Stubcannon set to 1-handed and 25TU cost for snap fire.
- BUFF: Deployable Lascannon ammo set to 3 from 1. Armor damage buffed, random damage set to 50-200%. TU cost for snap and aimed reduced slightly (can now fire two snaps if not moving/turning).
- Barracks beds recolored to set the room apart from normal living quarters.
- EXPERIMENTAL: Guard deployable mortar given 1 waypoint, so now you can shoot loitering munitions/proper arcing shots. Might look a bit wonky.
- NEW WEAPON: Guard Long Rifle, replaces the Marine Sniper Rifle for guard. Can use both stub rifle rounds and the heavier sniper ammo.
- Longlas moved to mid-tier.
- NEW WEAPON: The Cadia Pattern Guard Missile Launcher. Replaces the Marine launcher as the standard missile launcher for Guard. Slightly less weight and accuracy compared to the marine version, but cheaper. Can use the new Melta Missile.
- NEW WEAPON: The Accatran Missile Launcher. A lightweight guard missile launcher, with lower weight and slightly lower TU cost for snap fire. It sacrifices a little accuracy (dropOff and Aimed) for this. Spritework by StarSquid.
- NEW WEAPON: Underslung Umbra Combi-Bolter (Guard), can fire the 40mm grenades. Weights and cost more than the standard Umbra.
- NEW WEAPON: Shotpistol. A pistol that fires shotgun rounds, including the arbites stun and gas shells. Available at mid-tier for guard. Spritework by StarSquid.
- NEW WEAPON: Solo Combi-Melta Bolter. Available at mid-tier with meltagun research. Expensive, but combines the basic Solo light bolter with a light meltagun (same as the Potestas). The Ammo becomes available for research after meltagun research and is slightly weaker than the full-size meltagun. Spritework by StarSquid.
- NEW WEAPON: Shotlas, expensive, heavy and with tremendous close range firepower. Available at mid-tier (with Market) this gun is a mix of the heavy lasgun and volley gun. Its power and accuracy drops off quickly beyond 12 tiles, but it has both a high RoF autofire option and a aimed mode POWER SHOT! Spritework by StarSquid.
- NEW WEAPON: High-Grade Autopistol, uses same ammo as the autogun version but sacrifices accuracy, range and the bayonet to fit as a sidearm. Spritework by StarSquid.
- BUFF: 40mm Buckshot damage, stun and armor rend increased, but slightly less effective against well armored enemies.

ORKS:
- Updated shading and details on the Meganobz inventory sprite.
- Ork Rokkits now have a bit more bunch, when they hit.

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 27, 2022, 11:21:09 pm »
OMG how great are we!!!!! (the ROSIGMA community)

we watch we listen and we make the mod better and BETTER and even beyond

just had the time to check out the latest upgrades.....and the results are in: WOW

so there was no single handed Shotgun for Shield Ogryns/Arbites...well now we have one and its very nice (and I agree keep mastercrafted ammo for the mastercrafted shotguns/lawbringers)

and the other new weapons...the special stubber that can use Kelermorph ammo, auto stubber ammo etc...well I would now maybe even disable the Liberator autostub and make this weapon as its substitute after research (available to Guard and Arbites what is OK)

then the new guard: Umbra Combi-Bolter....BEAST same about the solo combi-melta (I am a huge fan of the Combi weapons from the melee pack so this kind of weapons are my type....)

and them my favorite new weapon: Shotlas...did like two random missions and this was my favorite....works exactly how I would expect it to work

and the last new weapon: High-Grade Autopistol...super strong with the AP ammo...maybe should be available also for the Arbiters?

never less the mod is going to the right direction and could not ever go back to the vanilla 40k mod
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 11:26:03 pm by Simi822 »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 28, 2022, 05:09:07 pm »
For the pilot bug, it's a nasty one as i left the bugged 4 pilots in the first Avenger for a while and gave 2 new pilots to the 2nd Avenger, then after more saving, quitting the game and loading, what do i see , 2nd Avenger is again devoid of pilots and the 1st Avenger has 6 crew (despite it is limited to 2).
Could be related to that bugged pilot function, but i also noticed if i go to Codex -> Craft and Armament -> select the Avenger then click on "Infos" then press the "Deployement Preview" button, it's a direct crash  (doing the same in the codex with the Corvus works normally)

I also attach the save if it can help.

You have (most likely) manipulated and broken your save file.

Both your Avengers have the same ID, so OpenXcom treats them as one and the same in some cases (for example during loading and craft-soldier mapping).

Code: [Select]
    crafts:
      - lon: 4.5355262408980934
        lat: -0.72611500434657983
        id: 1                             <-----------
        name: AVENGER-01
        speedLon: 0
        speedLat: 0
        speedRadian: 0
      - lon: 4.5355262408980934
        lat: -0.72611500434657983
        id: 1                             <-----------
        name: AVENGER-02

Offline Rangerh

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 28, 2022, 09:49:34 pm »
The only thing i did was changing their names, but i did it in the Equip Craft menu, not in the save game file itself. 100% sure

In fact testing again, it looks like i can reproduce the 2 ships have the same ID like that :

After getting the  latest version of Rosigma, try this :
Start an Adeptas Sister game
Create the first base anywhere you want
Go to the Base, at Equip Craft menu
Select the 1st Avenger and change its name from Avenger-1  to Avenger-01
Select the 2nd Avenger and change its name from Avenger-1  (yes it had the same name) to Avenger-02
Make a save

Open the save and :
    crafts:
      - lon: 5.8055173820480768
        lat: -0.25842229633190961
        id: 1
        name: AVENGER-01
        speed: 0

- lon: 5.8055173820480768
        lat: -0.25842229633190961
        name: AVENGER-02
        speed: 0

both id are the same

Offline Rangerh

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 28, 2022, 11:11:32 pm »
Found what is very likely the problem, it's in the Rosigma ...\Rulesets\startingBase40k.rul
startingBaseGenius: #*** Adeptas
  facilities:
    - type: STR_ACCESS_LIFT
      x: 2
      y: 2
    - type: STR_HANGAR
      y: 0
      x: 0
      y: 4
      x: 4
      y: 4
    - type: STR_LIVING_QUARTERS
      x: 3
      y: 2
    - type: STR_GENERAL_STORES
      y: 3
    - type: STR_LABORATORY
      x: 3
    - type: STR_WORKSHOP
      x: 4
    - type: STR_SMALL_RADAR_SYSTEM
      x: 1
  randomSoldiers:
    STR_ADEPTAS_FRATERIS_MILITIA: 6
    STR_ADEPTAS_PILOT: 6
  crafts:
    - type: STR_AVENGER_ADEPTAS
      fuel: 1000
      damage: 0
      weapons:
        - type: STR_STINGRAY
          ammo: 6
        - type: STR_CANNON_UC
          ammo: 100
    - type: STR_AVENGER_ADEPTAS
      fuel: 1000
      damage: 0
      weapons:
        - type: STR_STINGRAY
          ammo: 6
        - type: STR_CANNON_UC
          ammo: 100
Both STR_AVENGER_ADEPTAS ships have the same id assigned .

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 29, 2022, 12:15:13 am »
So after my last like 6h session with the Inquisition where I am very near to do the final mission (and I don't gonna Lie the Inq is overpowered and its good like that...I also activated the Emperor protects mode)

I will do now a IG or a Arbites run (I did a Astartes first back in early 2021, then IG, then Sistas, then Arbites/was hard as F/ and then Sistas again and  now the Inq) my recommendation for upgrades:
for the Arbites just give them what I written earlier and they will be fine....LOL I hope

BUT I have a question...we have now generic plain IG, Krieg, Accatran and beastmen + Catboiz..as the sprites are there...will we get Catachan IG ? /based on the available enemy sprites the Catachan should  not be a problem/ Catachans should be easy...Skirmishers with high melee and not shitting they pants + give them the Needler and a Long "Rambo" knife aka Catachan Fang..and for the Future....first upgrade the Voss Lasgun as I recommended (a las-autogun) and then Armageddon Steel Legion with Voss lasguns? and after Armageddon....a harder Idea...Vostroya or Mordia ???? well these are just Ideas :) not to be taken seriously...but the Catachan should be easy IMHO

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 29, 2022, 12:44:59 am »
Found what is very likely the problem, it's in the Rosigma ...\Rulesets\startingBase40k.rulBoth STR_AVENGER_ADEPTAS ships have the same id assigned .

Yes, that is the issue.

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 29, 2022, 04:43:48 pm »
Corrected the pilot ID bug for the next release.

e: As for other guard regiments, its come up and its fairly easy to do - but time consuming. I'd rather spend my time on more universal or unique content (abhumans) but not ruling out making some more special types you can rescue and what not.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 04:46:16 pm by Leflair »

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 30, 2022, 12:21:00 am »
Like I written....the Jungle Fighters can be easily done (sprites are there) and everything else is just "make a wish" BTW are you speaking with the creators of the main 40K mod?   they want to add the Deathwatch if I am not mistaken...well that means a combi heavy bolter-heavy flamer  and finally a Astartes Shotgun aka the crypt cleaner??? do you guys talk???   also when will we get the JOY of KILLING, no MASSAKRING our bellowed TAU ???

and side note, I just already finished the game as the Inquisition...was the most fun ever....no Xcom files unbalanced gameplay...but some items that you get via "request" where like WTF you get Arbiters...but they cannot use the armor, or you get KRIEG but you cannot use heavy lucius lasguns..also the Krieg are with spaghetti arms...and same with Judges you get a bunch of bad ass with they Bikes, Arbitor armors and master crafted Lawbringers...and they come with strength 25....LOL

« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 10:12:29 pm by Simi822 »

Offline noflic

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 31, 2022, 05:27:36 am »
Liking the new update a lot; the new guard stuff is fun, and I'm looking forward to giving the Inquisition faction a go. A couple bits of feedback:

- I feel like the Valkyrie having a capacity of 16 is a bit over the top - 10 actually felt fine to me, since it meant that Valks got used as rapid-response craft that had to be packed with veterans to have a chance of completinh missions, but if you feel that's too low then maybe 12 (which I think is what they can carry in tabletop)?

- The new lighting (or lack of) also seems slightly overtuned - unless I've just happened to keep hitting night missions at exactly midnight, night missions being fought completely in the pitch-black all the time isn't much fun, even if it is plausible for, eg, a nightfight in a forest. Not a big deal, but there we go.

- In slightly contrarian fashion, I think I preferred the Hellhammers needing to be reloaded after every shot; they're definitely much more useful now, but having to switch out power cells each time (and keep a loader nearby with extras) just felt right.

(Also, a request that if any other regiments do get added along the line, the Valhallans get considered - they used to be my tabletop army back in the day and I still like the aesthetic. I'd make a start myself, but my artistic abilities are nil)

Offline Thatguysenpai

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 02, 2022, 11:24:04 pm »
Had to stop because I was playing so much my RSI was acting up, but great job with the mod, its really come into its own.

One thing I did want to mention, the repentia strategy currently can't research mid-tier because it requires melta-guns, which they only get access to from ceramite-tier.

Also, I really feel like the repentia strategy should get early access to Penitent engines, seems fitting and would help them buffer their human wave focus. Also currently they can't even get them I believe lol.

Oh and one other thing, for the inquisition grey knight terminator armor, the Crozius isn't a fixed weapon and so doesn't show up on the chaplain variant.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 02:41:38 am by Thatguysenpai »

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 03, 2022, 11:42:50 am »
There are some requirement issues being fixed for the newer strategies. Will look into anything you bring up.

The event-soldiers have the usual random stats, I gave the Panzergrenadiers beefier stats, but maybe others will require it too.

For the Valk, I found few used it at all, and as a starting craft 10 is just a newbie trap. By the time you got plenty of veterans you also have access to the CAS Valk which is vastly superior.

Might tweak the lascannon ammo capacity down in the future, but looking at more player feedback first. It´s tricky to balance the heavy weapons that stick around for a long time, between feels fluffy/right and "will get ditched for any other gun due to hassle".
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 11:47:34 am by Leflair »

Offline noflic

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 03, 2022, 05:39:13 pm »
Huh, I don't think I've researched (or even seen the option to research) the CAS Valkyrie yet, though I've got veterans out the wazzoo, jump armour, etc. I can always just restrict myself to only bringing twelve soldiers or whatever, which does make the craft look a bit odd and empty, but that's not the end of the world.

Take your point about the lascannon ammo, especially since player feel is so subjective.

I think the deployment spots for the leman russ convoy need to be changed, though. I just took one on the first base assault of the new update, with only 16 soldiers because I didn't want people standing on the roof to get blasted by first-turn reaction fire; but it turns out that the game will try to put the first 12 soldiers in, and then on, the rearmost Chimera, and then half-fill the middle one, as opposed to filling both inside and only then putting additional soldiers on the roof. That doesn't seem intended, since it means there's no way to transport more than 8 soldiers without someone getting melted off the roof - is it being changed next version, and/or is there anything I can fiddle with in the files to revert it? (I though about lowering the transport capacity back to 16, but I assume that won't change where soldiers get placed)

Offline Rangerh

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 03, 2022, 08:57:03 pm »
I agree about the chimera, the game should fill both chimera completely before adding the extra soldiers on the roof.

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 04, 2022, 09:57:28 pm »
RELEASE NOTES ROSIGMA 1.09
Requires OXCE
7.6.0 https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=5258.0

1.09 Release Notes:
Spoiler:
REQUIRES OXCE 7.6.0!

- New Beastguard Heavy Armor and Slab Shield armor
- New Adeptas Celestian and Sacresant Armor (+Gunshield)
- New Jump Armor script
- New Ranged Dodge script for agile units (including jump/assault units, while airborne).
- New Gravgun script for scaling HP damage with armor value
- New Necron Get-Back-Up Mechanic and units
- New Light Meltagun and Lascutter weapons (all factions)
- Adeptas Skull Servitors given Analyze
- QoL: Weapons tougher to reduce item stack wipe (does not apply to ammo!)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 10:58:51 pm by Leflair »