aliens

Author Topic: [ADDON] ROSIGMA  (Read 103812 times)

Offline Thatguysenpai

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [ADDON] ROSIGMA
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2021, 06:41:36 am »
I don't usually do this, but I logged on just to say that I think that guy is talking out of his ass. I haven't played the latest patch, but I played the earlier ones and IGMA and ROSE and I loved every bit of them, and I mostly play IG as they're my favorite faction. The early game can be a bit rough and they definitely focus on the heavy weapons, but as long as you play careful it's not so bad. Half of the excitement of IG is the fact that some random ork slugga can just one-shot your veteran general if you're not careful, so you have to be very precise with your positioning.

Now as the other guy said, Arbiters are fucking hell to play lol. But they're not the focus of this mod I don't think, at least at the moment, so that makes sense.

Just want to say thanks to the devs for all their hard work, whenever I return to xcom I'm definitely going to give the latest patch a shot! Love the scion strategy too, my favorite part of IG is trying to train up veterans. You really get attached to those guys.

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2021, 02:25:49 pm »
I'd say 1.04 is a bit harder than 1.03 on account of more "tough" enemies for traitor guard (Ogryns/Squats power combo) + the first version of the heavy bolter changes for guard.
1.05 will be more tuned for the first 3 months.

Light handheld lascannons (and all lascannons) have been getting some "unification" of their stats to make sense. On the lighter end they do get pretty close to some hellguns in terms of output/power.

As for special shotguns for IG, there's the shotlas as a candidate, and a few more combat shotgun options (one-hand, double-shot, autoshotguns). If you've seen the Darktide trailer there's also that Ogryn M79 grenade-launcher looking weapon that can shoot buckshot too.
Could probably do more with ammo types for IG shotguns to give them more flexibility.

For 1.05 progress, Beastguard and Guard Squats are now "done" for testing and integration, working on their recruitment options and cost vs human guardsmen.
Tzeentch cult is functional, but do not yet have all their fancy abilities or much inte way of cool tzeentchified looking weapons (something for 1.06).

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2021, 07:56:50 pm »
yes adding a one hand Shotgun, or have the IG or Arbiters also get the hand flamer would be good...because I really had an issue what to give to my Shield wielding Ogryn...I had to train him to accuracy 50 (I think the max for Ogryns) and then he was using a boltpistol and for tough fights I given him the Inferno gun...but yes more one hand options are welcomed...as beside the bolter, Inferno gun we have only the Laspistol, Autopistol or the Stubber gun (giving a plasma gun to a Ogryn is a no go as it is too complicated LOL) and same for the Shield wielding arbiter...I think if in the Future there is a Shield for Astartes...well we all know that there is a power sword to be used.

Offline Buscher

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2021, 12:45:02 am »

Arbites unfortunately got little love so far and I am not sure what exactly to do with them. My initial goal was to attempt to give them their own campaign with mainly soft targets so also other weapons such as Autoguns get more screen time. But props for playing them and getting far.

Is there something in particular about the Handheld and Mounted Lascannon you don't like? Accuracy, damage, lack of mobility? I was contemplating to give them a 50-150% or even 50-200% damage range so they do a minimal amount of damage. But maybe you got an entirely different issue and maybe even an idea how to fix them. Also thanks for the ideas. Shotguns haven't been too much on our agenda either.

Thanks for the very kind words. Glad that you enjoy the Scion/Elite strategy. As Leflair said, there are a few things on the horizon. Maybe there will be more different playstyles for IG in the near future.

A quick win could be to turn the Mastercrafted Shotgun to an one-handed version. The Hand Flamer is also a good idea. I hardly use the Slab Bullgryn myself as well, as I got a hard time to give them with a Chain Sword. And ranged options are rather hard to use as you say. Another idea might be to allow them to use two handed weapons (green 2) as if they were one handed similar to the Terminators.

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2021, 11:42:02 pm »
well for starters the Sentinel sees across the whole field and can do nice long range hits, and has unlimited ammo.

when I played IG and I did buy the Lascannon HWP the only option I got was a single round ammo and I could carry like 5x ammo with me, somehow the backpack ammo box was not available

the price is almost identical to the Sentinel but lacks the mobility, etc.

but the Heavy bolter HWP was my MVP (Maybe because the Heavy bolter sentinel is not available to the IG)

Later when I got the Autocannon the Autocannon HWP is similarly good as the Heavy bolter, and the Advanced Sentinel is the best sentinel in the game.
the handheld lascannon, well the IG and also the SM have the heavy bolter much more effective, and I had situation when enemies needed like 3x hits with the handheld lascannon...same enemy was slain with one heavy bolter AP shot

Well I use the Shield armor...you get it for "free" after each riot mission, maybe just allow the Shield ogryn to use the Ripper without penalty as a single hand weapon and add the hand flamer to make more options, and yes after lot of Drills my shield ogryn with the Inferno gun was a beast (when he had a ac of 55, also with Ultra Bolterpistol + AP ammo he could take down a whole squad of Chaos marines...but that could be also done with the Ripper)

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2021, 10:21:44 pm »
Your prayers have been answered, 1.05 is here:

See the https://openxcom.mod.io/rosigma for the latest version and page 1 of this thread of the patch notes (they big).

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2021, 07:41:35 pm »
a question between the split of the IG strategies,

so the Guardsmen get the Abhumans, the Advanced sentinels and some heavy weapons (exclusively for them)
and the Scion get the Scion and Veteran guardsmen with the Hellgun, Volley gun, etc and what else?

the Ogryn, Priest, Vindicare, Drop troops remain available for both or how is the split?

and regarding the changes in the Krieg weapons and the new Krieg weapons, now it is more legit,
this now makes the Master crafted Lasgun valuable (as they can use hot shot ammo) and its more accurate that the Lucius lasguns are without Auto fire.
Is there a calculation how much stronger is the 4x ammo shot and the 10x ammo shot?

Also will the new heavy lasgun and Lucius Heavy stubber  beavailable only for the IG? I think they should be available
at the trading post...would help the Arbiters a lot (also if they could buy there some Soronitas stuff like the hand flamer, etc because during my current game play I rely a lot on the Soronitas Melta and Lascannon as the Arbiters lack even a a heavy bolter, Lascannon)

and final question, is there a overview which weapons have a bipod and only the IG can get them? (I think I given the lascannon and the Heavy stubber a bad name as I did try only the versions without a Bipod)

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2021, 08:19:41 pm »

so the Guardsmen get the Abhumans, the Advanced sentinels and some heavy weapons (exclusively for them)
and the Scion get the Scion and Veteran guardsmen with the Hellgun, Volley gun, etc and what else?

the Ogryn, Priest, Vindicare, Drop troops remain available for both or how is the split?

and regarding the changes in the Krieg weapons and the new Krieg weapons, now it is more legit,
this now makes the Master crafted Lasgun valuable (as they can use hot shot ammo) and its more accurate that the Lucius lasguns are without Auto fire.
Is there a calculation how much stronger is the 4x ammo shot and the 10x ammo shot?

Also will the new heavy lasgun and Lucius Heavy stubber  beavailable only for the IG? I think they should be available
at the trading post...would help the Arbiters a lot (also if they could buy there some Soronitas stuff like the hand flamer, etc because during my current game play I rely a lot on the Soronitas Melta and Lascannon as the Arbiters lack even a a heavy bolter, Lascannon)

and final question, is there a overview which weapons have a bipod and only the IG can get them? (I think I given the lascannon and the Heavy stubber a bad name as I did try only the versions without a Bipod)

I'll leave the Strategy questions for Buscher, I know he got some plans for the standard Guard strategy so my info might not be entirely up to date there.

The heavy Lasgun gets a general 10% bonus for its higher ammo-power consumption.
In addition, each shot type gets these:
      Snap: 10% (2 ammo consumption. so 15 shots per cell)
      "Auto": 15%  (5 ammo per shot, so you only get 6 shots per cell)
      "Aimed": 20% (10 ammo spent per shot, so you only get 3 shots per cell doing this one)

The lighter Lucius pattern rifle consumes 4 ammo per shot with its powershot option and gets a 20% bonus.

You can see if a weapon has a bipod (and if its a "heavy weapon: 1"(yes) by checking out the debug info button in the... codex I'd say.
Bipods are generally a IG thing, as Marines and Sisters have power armor designed to handle heavy weapons.

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2021, 09:19:19 pm »
thanks for the swift reply,

yes I agree Astartes and Sororitas don't need a Bipod but for the Arbiters it would be fair, to have

so I found the Heavy stubber, Krieg heavy stubber, IG Heavy bolter and IG heavy Lascannon...did I miss any? (Grenade launcher?)

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2021, 01:03:18 am »
Most big sniper guns (stub snuper excepted) and rocket launchers.

Offline Buscher

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2021, 06:40:24 pm »

The strategies are currently very WIP. I am open to any feedback what should be available to what strategy. The strategies don't have to be equal in perceived difficulty. Also the Guardsman Strategy is currently the "catch-all" and might be slimmed a bit in the future. In general it's currently like that:

- Guardsman: Mainly as before. Officers moved forward, Carapace in mid-tier, Scions replaced with Veterans (which depend on a 15 missions/15 kills commendation); Not happy about the Squats but as I said it's pretty much the catch-all so far
- Scion/Elite: Elysian Drop, Tanith, Scion related tech moved into low tier, normal Guardsman strategy elements moved to mid-tier (Guardsmen, Heavy Weapons, Sentinels). Chimera and non Tauros Drop Transport don't become available, no Abhumans (including Ogryns)
- Abhuman: All Abhumans (Beastmen, Squats, Ogryns), early Psykers (Biomancer tends wounds); heavy weapons available in mid-tier. No transport > 16 similar to Scion

Priests are available to all. I think Vindicare will probably not be available to Abhumans.

In the stats for nerds there is a information near the bottom ("Power Bonus for Auto"). The 20 value is an absolute number not relative. That means the power shot has a power of 70 instead of 50.

Arbites get little love. I suppose we can add a few research unlocks to them.

All bipod weapons are only available to IG right now. You can go through the items Stats for Nerds, I have added an information if a bipod exists "Bipod Yes"

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2021, 10:52:01 pm »
Patch notes for 1.05A - Blue Horror Dance Party edition.

Fixes for:
    - Crash relating to captured Tzeentch Zealot.
    - Crash relating to the Traitor Squat Heavy in certain racelists.
    - Crash relating to one STR_KHORNE_DEMIBLOODLERIN entry.
    - Crash relating to one STR_SECTOID_DARKDISCIPLE entry.
    - Wrong handOB on Lucius Heavy stubber
    - The Ork Heavy Sniper Rifle handOB will no longer match the suspiciously similar looking wyrdstikk.
    - Autoshot count lowered to 3 from 10 and ammo capacity increased from 7 to 10on the Lucius Heavy stubber.
    - Gender swapped Voice lines Guard Squat
    - Fix for Blank Chaos/Traitor Squat Inventory Image
    - Removed Dreadnought Research from Primaris (who can't use it anyway)
    - Craft Equipment cost Imperial Tokens now
    - Fixed damageAlter for Incendiary Ammo that would otherwise do Massive Damage against armored targets.
    - Fix Dependency References for Plasma Pistol/Gun
    - The Heavy Weapons Script no longer punishes accuracy from TU used on crouching.
    - Spirit of Martyr saves at 5 HP instead of 1 HP for Adeptas, accounts for some fatal wounds. The revived unit may still die from excessive fatal wounds (think: Half of their body melted away by Nurgle Blight or Tyranid Acid).
    - Fix more Codex Entries for Arbites
    - Fixed RequiresBuy for Arbites
    - Make Vindicare availabe after Strategy Refactor
    - The Lesser Tzeentch Daemon "Gleaming One" now has a corpse and ufopedia article.
    - The Abhuman Light Chimera now has a Codex Article.
    - Zombification for MKX Tech Marine
    - Fix Veteran Commendation
    - Added battleType: 11 to 2x2 Ork Corpses
    - Hospitaller research now properly restricted to midtier rather than appearing at game start as Adeptas.

Changed:
    - Halved Adamantium costs for Primaris Armor, added some Imperial Token Cost to (Light) Gravis. Primaris will no longer be quite so strapped for cash or adamantium.
    - Armed Repulsor Speed doubled
    - Doubled Repair Rate for Primaris Crafts
    - Added three starting Pilots by default for IG, apples to all Strategies.
    - Biomancers are available after selecting Abhumans Strategy
    - Pilots are less brave on the Field
    - Moved Plasma Pistol/Gun Low-Tier, Mastercraft Mid-Tier
    - 10 % More Initial Funding. 600k, to take account for the lower corpse income.
    - Terror mission odds lowered from 100% to 80%.
    - Slightly better NPCs in Terror Missions, the Guard is bringing out the big guns and fighting back!
    - QoL: Show FA, Rea, MA and PSI in Equipment Screen
    - Added Chimera Props to Urban Turret Mission. They do shoot back at the Chaos forces!
    - Light Bolters Low and Mid-tier techs introduced for Guard research (see below for the Solo bolters).
    - Lightning got an extra 10 % evade Chance
    - Added Battle Cannon to Armor Column

Arbites:
    - Changed Penal/Flak for Arbites to match higher Guard values
    - Changed Arbites Vulture; Made Thunderbolt available at start. Put Thunderbolts in Arbites starting Base
    - Added Heavy Weapons Toolkit to Arbites
    - Made some IG Heavy Weapons available to Arbites, disposable rocket launcher, heavy bolter etc.

New things:
    - Solo Pattern Light Boltgun for Guard. A Non-Scoped and Scoped (DMR) variant. They use short 10 round magazines with midtier Kraken rounds available in the same format. The Scoped Solo is available at Midtier. The Solo Pattern only has access to single shots, but has reduced recoil (20) and good accuracy.
    - Blue Horrors added to Tzeentch lists. Summoning spells etc. Blue Horrors have access to several spells, but also melee. Several attacks may cause mutation, so stay away. They are protected by the Yellow Fire (blue shields for now) of Tzeentch, so use Flamers (ignores shields) to take them down quickly, or sniper them from a safe distance. On death they spawn two Brimstone Horrors that causes the corpse to detonate (haven't made Brimstone Horrors be their own unit yet).
    - Fewer Gleaming Ones in Tzeentch lists, these lesser daemons are instead replaced by Blue Horrors.
    - Tzeentch Magic. Indigo Fire (Fires that causes target to mutate into a Blue Horror or Panic), Blue Fire (homing magic missile with mutation chance), Red Fire (AoE attack spell) and Green Fire (mind control attack, requires LOS).
    - Tzeentch Spellcasters now have access to these, including the cults of Tzeentch. These spells have replaced the placeholder Fireballs.
    - High Ranking Tzeentch Sorcerers are now protected by shields/Yellow Fire of Tzeentch.
    - Medium tier and up Spellcasters of Tzeentch can now levitate.

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2021, 08:19:02 pm »
Dear Leflair,

great news, the Arbiters getting for example the Lucius Heavy Stubber or the IG Heavy bolter is a game changer playing that fraction (don't gonna lie, I added 2x IG heavy bolters, 2x Longlasses , 1x Lucius Heavy bolters and 2x Hand flamers and 2x Inferno pistols to my squad playing ROSIGMA with the arbiters - recently as with the weapons available it was HARD).

What should be also analyzed is the cost of Arbiter armor, example: Arbiter signal armor (1x Airstrike) cost 200 Adamantine while being weaker then a veteran Carapace armor, and same for the Arbitor armor (has a energy shield) which is same level as the Commisar Carapace (also with energy shield but one can buy it cheap)....maybe add the possibility to pay for these armors with Tokens (all Arbiters armors are weak but supper costly on material...so maybe if one can by by tokens then it is more OK)....as I am with the Arbiters in year one and have barely 200 adamantine pieces...get mostly ORK and Space hulk missions

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2021, 06:36:53 pm »
Hey, you can thank Buscher for giving the Arbites some guard toys (even if I put together the Lucius Heavy stubber)!

We'll take a look at Arbites economy, its probably not very suited to the types of mission rewards they get as you note.

For something different, here's two alternative campaign mission lists for 1.05(A), replace the file of the same name in the ruleset folder of the ROSIGMA mod folder:
Easy/Chill Mode - Suitable For Arbites, Guard and Sisters or anyone who wants to ease into ROSIGMA. Its not massively different, but the enemy ramp up happens more gradually, with a easier start, and the big bad CSM come in force only at month 7-10.
Hard/Challenge Mode - Suitable For Marines and Primaris playthrough, experienced players etc. Introduces tougher lists sooner, removes or reduces easier lists.

It´s hard to balance for such different factions as Arbites and Primaris, so here´s a compromise with different ramps in difficulty. At month 9+ they´ll be pretty similar but the road up until then will be different.

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2021, 04:48:27 pm »
question for weapons with "Recoil" what is the key factor for hit percentage? accuracy and strength? or?

as I have two guys almost identical stats one can shoot the Heavy bolter from the hip the other has 0 percent hit change...

and I use light bolt pistols with the guys using the shields...get like 95 percent for snap shots for a decent distance (accuracy above 90, strength like 50), given the same guy a Tigrus boltpistol...same distance he gets 70 percent for a aimed shot and snap shot is like 10...

When I played as SM I could shoot across the whole map with the Tigrus bolt pistol or the Spectre one...when I play as IG or now the Arbiters, my commissars, Judges who have high accuracy and also strength cannot do that...is this a limitation that only Astartes can use bolters without penalty?
(and the same with Stalker bolters...I got them from the Loyalist Marines and my Judges can do Aim shot for a decent distance...but nowhere the distance when I played as SM)  also the setting for the Arbiters/IG works fine