Author Topic: Tamed Minotaur  (Read 661 times)

Online psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
Tamed Minotaur
« on: October 19, 2023, 09:40:55 pm »
Minotaur taming appears to be less useful than I had hoped. In base defense, they wake up from the corpses after turn 1. The "corpses" spawn in some random square with equipment. This is probably due to engine limitations on how it is achieved. This means that they have no useful equipment, and it is essentially impossible to find anything they could actually use (like an axe) from all the loot. Their weaponless attack is puny (about 50% chance). I suppose they could only work to some extent on bases which have very limited amount of loot or storage. Or for scouting. Or your agents will need to prepare by being equipped with a spare weapon that can be given to the minotaur(s) in later turns.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 05:58:18 am by psavola »

Offline Akamashi

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Tamed Minotaur
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2023, 08:25:20 am »
Faced with the fact that he could not stun antman Queen using stan rods. Surrounded by a crowd, beat several turns. The fighters had
high melee accuracy. There were many sounds of an effective hit. But Antman Queen has never even turned gray colour from electro damage. This is strange, since usually a few effective stun rods hits were enough for him. A bad accident is also excluded, since the stun rods have a 50-150 spread.

Offline Akamashi

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2023, 08:29:24 am »
Minotaur taming appears to be less useful than I had hoped. In base defense, they wake up from the corpses after turn 1. The "corpses" spawn in some random square with equipment. This is probably due to engine limitations on how it is achieved. This means that they have no useful equipment, and it is essentially impossible to find anything they could actually use (like an axe) from all the loot. Their weaponless attack is puny (about 50% chance). I suppose they could only work to some extent on bases which have very limited amount of loot or storage. Or for scouting. Or your agents will need to prepare by being equipped with a spare weapon that can be given to the minotaur(s) in later turns.

Wow!!! During the defense of the base, the corpses of the minotaurs remained lying dead. I was so hoping to use two minotaurs, but they didn't get up. Maybe I did something wrong?

Online psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2023, 11:13:22 am »
Faced with the fact that he could not stun antman Queen using stan rods. Surrounded by a crowd, beat several turns. The fighters had
high melee accuracy. There were many sounds of an effective hit. But Antman Queen has never even turned gray colour from electro damage. This is strange, since usually a few effective stun rods hits were enough for him. A bad accident is also excluded, since the stun rods have a 50-150 spread.

This indeed sounds strange, because antman queen has 100 health, takes 100% damage from electric, has only 10 armor, has very low reactions, and nothing special about melee.

Wow!!! During the defense of the base, the corpses of the minotaurs remained lying dead. I was so hoping to use two minotaurs, but they didn't get up. Maybe I did something wrong?

Obviously, the minotaurs need to be tamed (through manufacturing), not just regular bodies. But I suppose this is only a communication issue and you already did that.

If it helps, I was the latest OXCE snapshot (7.9.14). I didn't need to do anything to "activate them" (and you couldn't do anything in any case, because they don't show up when equipping your crew).

Online psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2023, 06:16:57 am »

For what it's worth, I just had the same mission. With the first queen, I got about 5 hit sounds but with CTRL-H all showed as misses(!!). On the other hand, there was another antman queen inside the building, and I could stun it (head-on) with two prods of the stick.

Not sure if there was anything wrong or not. The first observation (hit sounds but showing as misses) suggest that there could be something wrong. In the first case I think I tried to stun from the side, not head-on. If that could be a somekind of weird issue. Here's a save if anyone is interested.