Author Topic: Reaver's Harmony Megamod - A Massive X-Com Expansion  (Read 18821 times)

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Reaver's Harmony Megamod - A Massive X-Com Expansion
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2022, 01:08:31 am »
I'm glad to hear you're having fun!

The mission is completed at the moment the last wave of the mission spawns onto the globe. I have added an extra scout wave to the end of alien base and outpost missions so that you have time to assault them before it is finished. In vanilla, it was not possible to cancel these missions, only to delay them (except for terror missions). But in my mod, if you shoot down or assault the largest ship, it will always cause the aliens a mission failure, however attacking smaller ships has some chance of ending their mission as well. If you are proactive enough with interception, it is possible that the aliens have not constructed a single base. But they will pick up their efforts to build one in the second year!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 01:10:21 am by The Reaver of Darkness »

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2022, 12:18:12 pm »
Harmony 1.0.6 is out!

Changes include:
* Most cannons and launchers now show which ammo is loaded
* Added Alien Explosive Missile Defense System
* Tractor Beams finally drain shields like they were supposed to all along
* Ethereal Navigators now yield 2 Psi Wave Emitters
* Buffed the Executioner aircraft; much more reason to fly it now
* Several new graphics
* Many tiny bug fixes and quality of life changes

See original post for download!

Offline Mewtastic

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2022, 07:02:50 pm »
Hey Reaver, I've found a map bug. I've known about it for a while, but I neglected to report it, because part of me doesn't want it to go. There are two tiles of floating sand on one particular desert map. It's at the far north and won't have any real effect on game-play 99% of the time. I've encountered this twice now, once on the previous patch and once on the current patch. I like to think it's just another one of the alien's mind tricks to try and distract my soldiers. Unfortunately I can't point to the exact map file as I don't have knowledge about openxcom maps.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2022, 12:42:59 am »
Hey Reaver, I've found a map bug. I've known about it for a while, but I neglected to report it, because part of me doesn't want it to go. There are two tiles of floating sand on one particular desert map. It's at the far north and won't have any real effect on game-play 99% of the time. I've encountered this twice now, once on the previous patch and once on the current patch. I like to think it's just another one of the alien's mind tricks to try and distract my soldiers. Unfortunately I can't point to the exact map file as I don't have knowledge about openxcom maps.
Very strange. While my mod does add copies of the desert maps due to having route changes, I have made no changes to the map files themselves. And yet I have confirmed that this is not present in vanilla, only in my mod.

It does potentially affect game balance: it offers a high-quality sniping position (you can kneel on it) for flying soldiers, where one shouldn't be. It's fairly minor but can make a large difference in a handful of cases.

When I patch it, you can keep your copy this way by making a backup of DESERT09.MAP from the MAPS folder of Harmony mod. Then every time you install an update, just copy and paste your backup version of DESERT09.MAP to replace the existing one in the mod folder. You may as well create this backup right now. And make sure you save it somewhere other than a mod folder.

Also, I am happy to see that you have selected the Starblazer! I'd love to hear your thoughts on it!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 12:45:04 am by The Reaver of Darkness »