Author Topic: Armor definitions - Space?  (Read 1783 times)

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
Armor definitions - Space?
« on: April 17, 2021, 09:42:30 pm »
Hey Solarius, I am trying to get my various sub-mods up to date, and I am trying to figure out how/when you changed armord defintions for space-based missions. SOme versions back there were separate armors for space/underwater terrains iirc. I can't find the space ones anymore - did you roll these together with the normal armors?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Armor definitions - Space?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 02:44:21 am »
Honestly I can't remember ever having any special space armours apart from basic space suits. Can you please elaborate?

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 01:18:33 pm »
Sorry for the confusion, I just had a look at the older definitions and armor transformations and couldn't find any relating to space missions either. I might have mixed this up with my own space-related transformations  :P

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 05:33:30 pm »
Sorry for the confusion, I just had a look at the older definitions and armor transformations and couldn't find any relating to space missions either. I might have mixed this up with my own space-related transformations  :P

Perhaps it's related to the separation of startingConditions from enviroEffects in the code? They used to be rolled into startingConditions before.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 06:33:26 pm »
Hm, I already incorporated those changes though. Honestly I have got no idea, I might have been mixing them up with the underwater definitions. Again, my bad.

BTW, on a totally unrelated note - provided I want to "restore" alien embassy missions in a modified form, did you remove any of teh resources associated with the mission (terrains, mission scripts, deployment data etc.)?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 06:53:52 pm by krautbernd »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2021, 04:19:51 pm »
No worries.

And nope, we haven't removed anything from the mod, for the sake of old saves compatibility. Will probably delete them at some point.