aliens

Author Topic: Congratulations for 0.1 release  (Read 8417 times)

Offline michal

• Commander
    • View Profile
Congratulations for 0.1 release
« on: October 18, 2010, 07:58:27 am »
My congratulations for SupSuper and others, who were hunting bugs and helping with fixing them. You guys are doing great work with OpenXcom project. I'm glad that 0.1 was released. It's important step, especially at such early phase of project. I hope that you will keep doing great job and in couple of months (or maybe sooner ;) ) we will see 0.2 release (with Daiky's battlescape i hope :) ).

Offline bramcor

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Congratulations for 0.1 release
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 12:56:09 pm »
I would like to congratulate SupSuper too! Time to break open that bottle of champagne and host a release party ;)

The time, energy and dedication you put into this project motivate me to give back what I can to the project, so it gets one step closer to being all that it can be.

I am also very impressed with the contributions made by the rest of you guys who follow the project closely and hang out on IRC.

Keep up the good spirits and lets crank it up to 11!

Offline Daiky

• Battlescape Programmer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 03:02:30 pm »
It's great to have a little release in between, so there is a reason celebrate :)

But I have a little problem with the latest revision, the visual studio express C++ 9.0 I use does not seem to like the OpenXcom.rc file. More specific the #include "afxres.h" part. I don't have a afxres.h  :-[

PS. a workaround however is to remove everything in the OpenXcom.rc file, except perhaps the #include "resource.h"
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 06:35:03 pm by Daiky »

Offline Davorian

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 02:35:47 pm »
IIRC, Visual Studio Express editions don't support the addition of resource files.  Wasn't that one of the semi-arbitrary restrictions Microsoft put on it in order to distinguish it from the full 'professional' editions?

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 04:22:31 pm »
Actually, I'm pretty sure you can include resource files; You just don't get the Resource document viewer (Nothing to stop you opening them as a source code document). Writing resource files by hand isn't too difficult.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 05:58:08 pm »
Apparently the issue is "afxres.h" is part of the MFC which isn't included in Express editions, but according to this thread you can just replace #include "afxres.h" with #include "windows.h".