Author Topic: 1.8 Feedback  (Read 20432 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: 1.8 Feedback
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2021, 05:07:17 pm »
How then are they "mutually exclusive"? That would mean either/or, not both at the same time. From you saying "mutually exclusive" I take it you mean that they are somehow meant to "prevent" agents from wearing both (shirt+backpack) at the same time, hence them "taking" the place of the backpack. However, that does not seem to be the case either. So yeah, this is - indeed - confusing, unless you literally mean that putting those items in a backpack (instead of actually wearing them) shields an agent from damage. Otherwise, how bulky a shiort made of spider silk that it can not be worn with jump armor (or other armors, for that case)?
Yet you seem to have no problem with armors that should - logically - be compatible with those items be incompatible. It also don't have to be useless if the concept is actually implemented in a way that supports multiple armor modifications (like ceramic/ballistic inserts) that have been in use for decades IRL.
Indeed that is not what I meant, and I think I stated as much in my previous post.

OK, so my proposal is:
1) Make more such items to warrant adding such a new slot.
2)  Add this slot... somehow :)

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2021, 05:52:40 pm »
OK, so my proposal is:
1) Make more such items to warrant adding such a new slot.
2)  Add this slot... somehow :)

...and/or ask for feedback from other players first. I might indeed be the only one affected by this and the work necessary to implent this as a separate item slot is probably non-trivial (to prevent other items from being placed in that section, among other things).

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2021, 06:38:19 pm »
Most recent versions of XPiratez actually have slots like this but there's a lot more items in xpiratez to be used in these slots. So far though, in XCF I haven't so much had the problem of not enough slots so much as just not enough strength to justify carrying them as opposed to a bigger gun or healing or grenades or whatever.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2021, 10:53:45 pm »
*De-lurks*

Add this slot... somehow
Not too hard, if you're willing to live with a cluttered inventory. Witness: a screenshot of my own changes from a while ago, with a jumbo-sized backpack, a vest slot and some more shenanigans. Doesn't play all that nice with shields, but there's a little bit of space left to shift the left side stuff a bit more to the left.

*Re-lurks*
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 10:55:26 pm by Juku121 »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2021, 01:25:25 pm »
OK, I'll write it down as a "for consideration" thing.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 05:13:41 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2021, 03:33:05 pm »
Realized why I was so confused that advanced movement wasn't enabled by default, it straight up refers to sprint in the "Hotkeys: Battlescape" entry. Definitely makes sense to have it by default if you're going to refer to it there.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2021, 07:25:02 pm »
Realized why I was so confused that advanced movement wasn't enabled by default, it straight up refers to sprint in the "Hotkeys: Battlescape" entry. Definitely makes sense to have it by default if you're going to refer to it there.
I'd second this. If you refer to something in the documentation either mark it explicitely as being optional or turn it on by default.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2021, 05:18:06 pm »
It's already set as recommended.

Offline remiz

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2021, 02:17:48 pm »
Hey wanted to leave some notes. Not sure if it is related to 1.8 or earlier ones too. Started game at 1.5 and updated to 1.8.
Played for a year on weekends. I noticed that i had no base attacks and maybe only one terror mision.
I guess my raven-avalanche tactics worked way too great.  It just sad :/ i love terror misions and base defence.
It adds extra flavour to game. Maybe we could have forced attack on base if we destroy cultist or sindicate or alien base.
 My base has no mind shield no defences, just solders waiting for guests :D

PS: Absolutilatly LOVE this MOD!! ClosetYeti letsplay reminded me about this mod, was fun to get back to it from i guess 1.2.

Offline Mrvex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2021, 07:13:26 pm »
Hey wanted to leave some notes. Not sure if it is related to 1.8 or earlier ones too. Started game at 1.5 and updated to 1.8.
Played for a year on weekends. I noticed that i had no base attacks and maybe only one terror mision.
I guess my raven-avalanche tactics worked way too great.  It just sad :/ i love terror misions and base defence.
It adds extra flavour to game. Maybe we could have forced attack on base if we destroy cultist or sindicate or alien base.
 My base has no mind shield no defences, just solders waiting for guests :D

PS: Absolutilatly LOVE this MOD!! ClosetYeti letsplay reminded me about this mod, was fun to get back to it from i guess 1.2.

Oh dont worry, you will get raided eventually with something you CANNOT shoot down without plasma cannon mounted on shielded Avenger (end game craft and gear)
There are "forced" invasions actually by completing certain missions that will force a faction to retaliate and send a APC to your base.

Though, these are more or less relying on suprise factor because Scarab or Dragonfly will explode to thousand pieces if you intercept it or your base defences hit it.
And, i dont want to spoil but sometimes what you can get will suprise you, the possible combination of visitors is rather large and i hope you have some skills in tank busting in close quaters...

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2021, 07:20:46 pm »
I noticed that Gertrude Ellison's dossier entry was removed. Is her mission still accessible in the game through some other method, or should I considered it dummied out? I didn't see any problems with the mission in question, and I'm not sure why it would need to be taken out.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2021, 10:40:41 am »
I noticed that Gertrude Ellison's dossier entry was removed. Is her mission still accessible in the game through some other method, or should I considered it dummied out? I didn't see any problems with the mission in question, and I'm not sure why it would need to be taken out.

What do you mean removed? It's there.

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2021, 02:47:15 am »
What do you mean removed? It's there.
Huh, I could've sworn you did something with it according to one of the github commits. Maybe it was just my imagination.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2021, 11:42:42 am »
Huh, I could've sworn you did something with it according to one of the github commits. Maybe it was just my imagination.

I made it less easily accessible by removing it from some interrogations.

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2021, 09:30:50 pm »
I made it less easily accessible by removing it from some interrogations.
Ah, my mistake. Thanks for clearing that up.