aliens

Author Topic: TechTree Viewer  (Read 3785 times)

Offline bohemond

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
TechTree Viewer
« on: March 04, 2021, 11:27:26 pm »
As the name suggests this tool can be used to view/check the techtree. It directly parses the rule files, so if there is a missing/superfluous dependency or something, you can see it there. You just go to File->Import->OpenXCom Research and select the game's folder.

It is based on a normal graph-making tool that is still fully functional and can be used to build all sorts of graphs.

The source is on GitHub: https://github.com/bohemond-of-antioch/OpenXcom-TechTreeViewer
A compiled version for windows is attached.

It's VB.NET again, I apologize to the linux users in advance.

I made the configuration file a yaml as that's a format everyone here should be familliar with. A few things can be configured there, mostly colors.

I'm releasing this under Creative Commons Zero.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 03:29:35 pm by bohemond »

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
Re: TechTree Viewer
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 08:55:25 am »
I can have configs not only in user folder, but also in user documents folder (default option for OXCE), so your tool is not working for my installation...

Offline bohemond

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 02:55:05 pm »
Yes, I had a feeling this would be a problem.
Somehow I hoped everybody just used the local folder, I guess I'll have to account for it after all. It shouldn't be that hard I suppose.

EDIT: Already fixed (I hope), it really wasn't that hard. I shouldn't have been lazy and should have done it properly the first time. :)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 03:31:55 pm by bohemond »

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 10:40:42 pm »
I am still getting exceptions. Can you show how this tool should be used if i have mods installed to documents? Looks like it fails because i dont have "standard" folder there