Author Topic: Regarding Base Defense changes (if any)  (Read 2108 times)

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Regarding Base Defense changes (if any)
« on: March 05, 2021, 12:41:03 am »
I started playing again in Genius difficulty in preparation for the incoming update. The step up in difficulty shows: First month I got 3 UFOs!
Fun time.

There's one thing I'm not sure though: Can enemy ships attacking your base instantly destroy everything as it happens in some mods (like Piratez IIRC)? Do base defenses do anything besides destroying the enemy ships? Has the formula been changed so that if you destroy the enemy ship/s, you get a reward or something? Or at least reduce the number of enemies showing up?

Offline Mrvex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding Base Defense changes (if any)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 04:10:51 pm »
If your base is empty (no combat personal) UFO will destroy it instantly.

Defences reduce the number of enemies present, you can stack them + gravity shield so everything fires twice.
If you have sufficient firepower, its possible to destroy the UFO outright and you will be spared.

Though destroying large UFO will take some firepower, but for example, if Syndicate tries to enter your base via Scarab dropship (?) it will get pulverized and explode to thousand pieces before it lands.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 04:57:23 pm »
If your base is empty (no combat personal) UFO will destroy it instantly.

Defences reduce the number of enemies present, you can stack them + gravity shield so everything fires twice.
If you have sufficient firepower, its possible to destroy the UFO outright and you will be spared.

Though destroying large UFO will take some firepower, but for example, if Syndicate tries to enter your base via Scarab dropship (?) it will get pulverized and explode to thousand pieces before it lands.
I know all of that. That's how it works in classic UFO, where you were encouraged to have no defenses to capture the invaders for some easy loot, but some big mods like Piratez twist the formula a bit, like having the UFO attacking potentially destroying part of the base (if not ALL) outright, if defenses don't repel the invaders, encouraging you to build them. Piratez also has enemy invaders suffer causalities if defenses managed to hit the ship but not destroy it. I wanted to know if XCF has something similar to the above, or just the classic XCOM mechanics.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 06:28:06 pm »
There are no missile strikes in XCF at this point.

I plan to add it as part of the Reptoid arc, provided that I'll ever get around to work on that.

Offline Mrvex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2021, 08:13:57 pm »
There are no missile strikes in XCF at this point.

I plan to add it as part of the Reptoid arc, provided that I'll ever get around to work on that.

What is that suppose to be ? Like missile launched by enemies that try to damage the base if you dont have base defences ?
How would Reptoids do that ? Underground vessel entering the base, triggering base defence mission without prior warning makes more sense. Missiles would make sense for Black Sun or Men in Black cuz they have the industrial capacity.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2021, 09:00:54 pm »
What is that suppose to be ? Like missile launched by enemies that try to damage the base if you dont have base defences ?

Yes, precisely.

How would Reptoids do that ? Underground vessel entering the base, triggering base defence mission without prior warning makes more sense. Missiles would make sense for Black Sun or Men in Black cuz they have the industrial capacity.

And how would I do that?