Author Topic: TFTD Mod Request: Poseidon  (Read 1960 times)

Offline KiethSomataw99

• Captain
    • View Profile
TFTD Mod Request: Poseidon
« on: March 06, 2021, 10:13:30 pm »
I was thinking of a new submersible transport craft that serves as a decent improvement over the Triton. The Poseidon is basically the Skystriker over the Skyranger, requiring some research, mainly Ion-Accelerators and Aqua Plastics to say the least. Like the Triton, it has no weaponry as it is strictly a troop transport. But the additional engine power and the aqua plastic airframe allow this transport to reach target sites quicker. Furthermore it features 2 exits instead of one, a large 2 space exit door in front (similar to the Triton) and a small 1 space exit door on the opposite side of the hull, close to the cockpit. This allows for more flexible troop deployment. This makes the Poseidon transport quite useful as a stopgap before the Leviathan.

Description for the Poseidon:
The Poseidon is a superior assault squad transporter, with a similar size, shape, and capacity to the Triton. The Aqua Plastics Airframe and the Ion Propulsion systems allows this craft to arrive at the target quickly.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 12:21:38 am by KiethSomataw99 »

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: TFTD Mod Request: Poseidon
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 10:25:23 pm »
Check out this mod, maybe this would do instead.

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 02:19:45 pm »
Sorry ! Perhaps I didn't understand your request... but the Poseidon already exists in TWoTS 2_48 !
I have been using it for a long time in standard TFTD.
Or do you want a Mod to use it outside TWoTS ?

Offline KiethSomataw99

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2021, 05:42:31 am »
Yeah, I thought of outside TWoTS, having an improved mid-game transport sub.