aliens

Author Topic: Ability to autoshoot in a line as one shot  (Read 7269 times)

Offline x-com_player

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Ability to autoshoot in a line as one shot
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2022, 10:16:16 pm »
You could make a bullet sprite that looks like three bullets, and triple the damage of the shot
Not an option. Firstly Im unfortuantely not such an experienced user and mainly, sprite will appear whole at once, not per bullet. What if its a 5 bullet rapid-shot? It will dissapear as one sprite and what if target is in next cell to shooter, it will look a bit rediculous.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 11:03:22 pm by x-com_player »

Offline eclecticbibliophile

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2022, 10:26:30 pm »
Then I don't think I understand what it is that you want, I guess

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2022, 11:12:19 am »
If talking about possabilities, its a possability by itself. Shooting in a row is interesting, I mean its value by itself.
In 'X-Com Files ' mod there is some kind of burst shooting but its made  as a single shot and shoot looks like bunch of bullets. Something like that.
There is no "value by itself". Arguing "possibilities" is pointless, because the possibility also exists that nobody is going to use this "feature".

If you're looking for "something like in XCF" the feature you're asking for already exists, doesn't it?

Offline x-com_player

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2022, 06:54:01 pm »
There is no "value by itself". Arguing "possibilities" is pointless, because the possibility also exists that nobody is going to use this "feature".

What is valuable in your opnion in that case?
People do create machine guns where a single shot has a sprite of rapid shot. So I think its a quite usable feature.

If you're looking for "something like in XCF" the feature you're asking for already exists, doesn't it?

Sorry didn't caught that, please explain.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2022, 08:21:41 pm »
What is valuable in your opnion in that case?
Demonstrating that said feature is needed and useful, not using "but somebody might find it useful" as an argument:
But this feature may be greatly in demand. For example by modmakers. This would be very interesting mechanic.
I could assert that feature XYZ "may also be in great demand" and that it would be "interesting". That alone isn't an argument that it should be implemented, because I can't show that either is actually the case.

Sorry didn't caught that, please explain.
see
In 'X-Com Files ' mod there is some kind of burst shooting but its made  as a single shot and shoot looks like bunch of bullets. Something like that.
Unless I'm misunderstading you you're stating that you want "something like that", i.e. something that is already implemented.

Offline x-com_player

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2023, 12:47:32 am »
Unless I'm misunderstading you you're stating that you want "something like that", i.e. something that is already implemented.

Nope, its a sprite. game mechanic is same.