Author Topic: I made it to the end(Victory post).  (Read 3415 times)

Offline BlorkTheOrk

• Captain
    • View Profile
I made it to the end(Victory post).
« on: February 23, 2021, 02:45:36 pm »
Thanks for the great game, Dioxine, all of the people who made this mod and OpenXcom itself and the whole port possible (and Microprose, but they probably all dead or something). Thank you all, forum users, for replies to my stupid questions. Especially legion1. I don't post victory posts, but usually no game takes a year to finish. Also, its great that the game is playable on Android, so I was able to play it pretty much wherever I went this year. I changed three jobs while playing it. Literally.

I want to say that the changes the mod makes with the game, all of the content it has, small tweaks of the original gameplay, like hand-to-hand combat, and others they are so wonderfull and add so much to the game - its all amazing. The sick anime world of the mod is great and I literally want to see an anime or movie in its setting.

Offline JamTheDane

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: I made it to the end(Victory post).
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 05:36:01 pm »
Wow, nice. I started over 3 times, and best so far was somewhere in the early midgame :)

Offline BlorkTheOrk

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 09:01:30 am »
I didn't make it on PC, because it is long and grindy. But it works on a phone for me. Actually I started Xcom Files after finishing this one. Quite a lot of stuff just feels better, like graphics for instance. Interface feels right. And the nature of a game which is too grindy for my liking on PC changes to episodic 30-60 minutes blasts on mobile.

The only downside I see from a PC version is some of the extended controls (run, strafe, chainfire and tech overview) doesn't work on a phone because no keyboard. I wish they made on-screen buttons for such functions, like the button for the yellow robot's punch.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2021, 12:28:25 pm »
As far as I noticed, the link to the trial version for Android, with additional control functions, was never published on the forum.  Personally, I didn't play with her for a long time, but everything seemed to work as it should.  I hope that this link can be shown here, that it is not classified for any reason.
https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/builds/Extended/Extended-6.9.6-64c43a4-2021-02-14-android.apk
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 12:34:15 pm by yergnoor »

Offline BlorkTheOrk

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2021, 12:44:26 pm »
Its great then. I hope they make it.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2021, 07:51:33 pm »
A whole year, that's a lot of dedication for sure. And I thought my 5 months were the shit.
I'm interested to see your end-game summary, from Hands > Soldier Info > Memorial > Chronicles screen.
Could you please post your screens if it's not to late?

I didn't make it on PC, because it is long and grindy. But it works on a phone for me. Actually I started Xcom Files after finishing this one. Quite a lot of stuff just feels better, like graphics for instance. Interface feels right. And the nature of a game which is too grindy for my liking on PC changes to episodic 30-60 minutes blasts on mobile.
Before X-PirateZ I was considering starting with X-Com Files as it's bit smaller in scope for my first huge mod playthrough but reconsidered due to parts of it still being WIP (had I known I'd delay XPZ for same reason). Now are you saying X-Com Files feels better, or you meant playing these mods on PC feels better (besides the grind)?

Offline BlorkTheOrk

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2021, 11:42:08 am »
I remember reading some reviews of the mod before. People there finished it in years or something. I guess a complete blind playthrough may take way more time than 5 months or even a year, especially when short of time in real life.

I'll put a .sav file and a jpeg. For some reason I had problems with screenshotting it before.

I meant Xcom feels better on PC, but in the end it suits better for mobile. So now I will keep playing on mobile. The next thing I play is Xcom Files.

EDIT(maybe spoilers): I want to mention that despite the Chronicles tab, the real MVP of the game was Deathblossom Smg in chemo- variant.   In general chemo-variants of shotguns and smgs are great against mostly everything.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 12:17:02 pm by BlorkTheOrk »

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2021, 01:37:10 pm »
Thanks man, looking at the screens invokes that feeling when I was young and shared mutual gaming experiences with my friends. Those memories are often far more vivid than games themselves. It nice to have points of references as well. Not much different to my own. If I remember I'll post my summary when I beat the game, maybe this could become a common topic for the purpose.

I totally get your PC/mobile/couch/whatever reasoning. Can feel the same slowly creeping in my direction... I'm still fighting to delay becoming a dirty casual pleb for as long as I can.

Interesting how different people use different styles. I never even considered chem, literary never, but you made it work. What confuses me though is "War Machines" and most hated foe. What in the hell is that? :)
Also I see you didn't bother with arc welder, who needs that lol. I guess lack of tech tree viewer on mobile is pain in the neck. Or maybe the save format is bit different when loaded on PC as I find it hard to believe you left so many basic techs unresearched, not even in the queue. Exactly the same with another mobile save  checked. Curious.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 02:52:25 pm by Nilex »

Offline BlorkTheOrk

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2021, 03:11:24 pm »
I believe I must say that I have some history of moving the .sav files around different versions of the game and mods. For instance: my mobile version didn't allow me to research the Conqueror before I put the sav into the PC version. So, I believe the .sav must be pretty glitchy or contain some seriously outdated mod data.

I don't recognize the arc welder. My version of the game doesn't show it anywhere. But I did have Metallo, bike and juggernaut suits in my playthrough. So it is maybe a version issue.

Chemo- Didn't work for me until I wasted few of my troop carriers on some random missions where I was  unable to scratch some armored dudes. I mean its comfortable to carry around assault rifles and machineguns, its cool to melee things with axes and rockets go boom spectacular... but it all ends up on a moment when there is like 10 of your dudes against a single their in the middle of a burning crate at the end of a mission and no way for you to kill it, because resistances and armor. So, then I start to use chemo as a side option and then as a primary.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2021, 10:05:27 pm »
Absolutely gonna have version problems when the instances used are year+ apart and need different versions of OXCE. Trade over more then once and i'm impressed you didn't meet some save breaking error.