Author Topic: Research time  (Read 3989 times)

Offline Srletinja

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Research time
« on: February 12, 2021, 03:35:52 pm »
I am researching "Science Laboratory" with 10 scientists for 2 months now and its still on Poor, is this a bug? Anyone?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 03:56:14 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files for OpenXcom
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 03:37:08 pm »
No, it's not a bug.

Offline Srletinja

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Research time
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 04:49:02 pm »
Just as I posted, it got researched... but it jumped from "Poor" to researched, there was not other flavor text... fine anyways.

Offline Empiro

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 12:55:18 am »
The research progress is just like how it works in vanilla X-Com. It's simply a comparison of how many scientists you have versus the difficulty. You can get a rough estimate of how long something will take by the little marks on the top left. Each # is 100 scientist-days, and if you're unlucky, it can be an extra 50% on top of that.

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2021, 12:08:37 pm »
The research progress is just like how it works in vanilla X-Com. It's simply a comparison of how many scientists you have versus the difficulty. You can get a rough estimate of how long something will take by the little marks on the top left. Each # is 100 scientist-days, and if you're unlucky, it can be an extra 50% on top of that.

And there is where to learn more about it. I only recently learned about this feature. What do dot, dash, 2 dash and etc

Offline Empiro

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2021, 01:25:28 pm »
As far as I know:

. is 1 scientist-day
- is 5
= is 20
# is 100

There is up to +- 50% randomness though, so you can't tell exactly how long something will take.

Offline Garr

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2021, 10:09:42 am »
You can get a rough estimate of how long something will take by the little marks on the top left. Each # is 100 scientist-days, and if you're unlucky, it can be an extra 50% on top of that.
I cannot seem to find any marks while selecting a research topic. Can someone show me an example?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2021, 08:15:21 pm »
I cannot seem to find any marks while selecting a research topic. Can someone show me an example?

It refers to the tech tree viewer - see attached.