aliens

Author Topic: yaml-cpp version 0.5 migration?  (Read 5197 times)

Offline Shugyousha

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
yaml-cpp version 0.5 migration?
« on: February 01, 2013, 08:57:07 pm »
The yaml-cpp library version 0.5 was released a few weeks ago and apparently they changed the API quite a lot. It seems like the old API that is currently used in OpenXcom (yaml-cpp version 0.3) will still be supported for the time being though.

I started updating the sources to the new API version but then thought I would first ask here whether a migration is actually planned/wanted. I can offer to try to maintain a github fork adjusted to the new API version  (would make a good git training for me) if you think that would be helpful. What do you think?

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: yaml-cpp version 0.5 migration?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 08:28:37 am »
sounds good to me  :D

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 07:24:21 pm »
Sure. The plan was after the next release to take the chance to update/rewrite all the load/save for the new yaml-cpp, make it more backwards-compatible (default values), etc.

Offline Shugyousha

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 11:42:51 pm »
Sorry I dropped the ball on this one. I started converting the first 20-30 files but the whole thing took much longer than I expected and I wasn't sure whether I actually converted the sources in the best way possible.

On my machine everything is working fine using yaml-cpp 0.5 now, so that at least is one positive!