Author Topic: Community Extended LOFTEMPS  (Read 11591 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Community Extended LOFTEMPS
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2021, 02:59:01 pm »
I'm thinkin if someone makes a Content-object... and say it looks like a fence on the east or south side
maybe the adjacent N or W wallslot is used for something else or is on the edge of a Map but you/me/etc wants a fence there just for aesthetic/pseudo-realism

Yeah, it's totally possible. It's just something a modder decides whether they need it or not. I can't really see much interest TBH.

Offline kevL

• Colonel
  • pitchforks and torches
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2021, 11:58:06 pm »
kk

my opinion? I've always felt that the LoFts were a bit limiting... but im not a great mapmaker or anything like that. However, before any mission I go over the terrainset and do tweaks and fixes as i see fit.

I'm surprised at how 'comfortable' Finnik's additions are at present. And since the LoFTset can have up to 256 entries, and with the extended LoFTs its only at ~140/150, then as long as the stock lofts stay the same (backward compatible) i don't see why not ...

(but leave the last 50..100 entries blank to allow for any serious customization by individuals, i spose)

... Here's something I'd like to see though: before adding the extended LoFTs, add the two extra lofts from TFTD. Then add the extensions. This way the templates for UFO and TFTD are bongo.

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2021, 10:12:22 pm »

... Here's something I'd like to see though: before adding the extended LoFTs, add the two extra lofts from TFTD. Then add the extensions. This way the templates for UFO and TFTD are bongo.

Oh, i did it, and they use the same numbers as TFTD. So you can say we are extending TFTD LOFT file here =)

Offline kevL

• Colonel
  • pitchforks and torches
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2021, 10:25:34 pm »
kk  :)

Offline Grober Nitho

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2021, 11:44:40 am »
I'd like to request extra loftemps icons for 122 and 123, I know it's not visible during the game, but I'd still like to have the shapes. If you already have your own shape for everything this one why should it be a cuckoo egg? I understand that not everyone needs this, but I would still like someone to make such an extension for me. Each width should be 3 pixels. I will show you the shapes in the attached picture. In principle, block 6 would also be good, but the problem is that the shape is lost. Not important for many people, but important for me :) Thank you.

Translated with DeepL Translator
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 11:51:12 am by Grober Nitho »

Offline kevL

• Colonel
  • pitchforks and torches
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2021, 03:30:29 pm »
PckView, in the next version of MapView2, should be able to edit and add LoFTs easy as pie.

if you're in a rush let me know but no guarantees on a release date.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2021, 05:42:56 pm »
PckView, in the next version of MapView2, should be able to edit and add LoFTs easy as pie.

nice, can´t wait for that! Even thought i never said anything, this is will help a lot of models  and i was expecting for something like this
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 05:45:35 pm by bulletdesigner »

Offline Grober Nitho

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2021, 06:23:35 pm »

I have version 3.8.2 of mapview2. Is this version still unsuitable?

Offline kevL

• Colonel
  • pitchforks and torches
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2021, 12:53:07 am »
I have version 3.8.2 of mapview2. Is this version still unsuitable?

wait for ver.4

nice, can´t wait for that! Even thought i never said anything, this is will help a lot of models  and i was expecting for something like this

ok ill push it up on my inner agenda

ps. for those who build their own, I think my source is good to go
https://github.com/kevL/OpenXCOM.Tools

[edit] ver.4 is up
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,1321.msg140737.html#msg140737
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 07:50:28 am by kevL »

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2021, 09:51:59 pm »
I'd like to request extra loftemps icons for 122 and 123, I know it's not visible during the game, but I'd still like to have the shapes. If you already have your own shape for everything this one why should it be a cuckoo egg? I understand that not everyone needs this, but I would still like someone to make such an extension for me. Each width should be 3 pixels. I will show you the shapes in the attached picture. In principle, block 6 would also be good, but the problem is that the shape is lost. Not important for many people, but important for me :) Thank you.

Translated with DeepL Translator

Such shape cant affect LoF, it would act exactly as simple rectangle.

File updated with all requested frames (see attachment). You can post a request here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jDk-X515q2uxFxWwDMKaghgsEu_V2biNJU9ErKy7nfU/edit?usp=sharing.

ver.4 is up
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,1321.msg140737.html#msg140737

Thank you! Handy tool, editing with GUI is wa-a-a-y faster =)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 09:55:15 pm by Finnik »