Author Topic: Monsters: Final Solution Question.  (Read 1613 times)

Offline The Doer of Stuff

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Monsters: Final Solution Question.
« on: January 01, 2021, 01:25:35 am »
Playing 1.7, got to the point where I can research Monsters: Final Solution. I'm guessing that this will end all those "monster attack" missions. I'm not quite ready to do it yet, as those are great training for my newer agents, but I'm going to want to do so at some point.

The other side of it is the insane completionist in me, and I wanted to make sure I researched all the creatures that would be disappearing before I pulled the trigger. So I just wanted to confirm that these are all the creatures you can run into that would be eliminated when I push the proverbial button.

Shamblers
Fenrir Wolves
Spikeboars
Mongorns (there is a king variant)
Giant Rats
Bullfrogs
Giant Beetles
Giant Bombardier Beetles
Megascorpions
Chupacabras
Shadowbats
Werewolves (variant of white werewolves)
Werecats (Variant of black werecats)
Owlmen
And a variety of giant spiders, of which I believe there are "regular" Stealth, Flame, arored, death, queens, and kings.

Have I missed any of them?

Offline Mrvex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Monsters: Final Solution Question.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 01:50:38 am »
Really dont, as attractive as it sounds to put an end to it. You are gimping yourself by removing a easy training for your troops. What will you be left with are training 40% aim rookies against heavy plasma wielding mobs of aliens + things like cyberdisks. Or dodging missiles and laser tanks from MiB.

Research it when you are about to finish the game for completion.

The only creature you are missing is the Muckstar (Its not a X-dimension creature).

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Monsters: Final Solution Question.
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 02:39:41 pm »
You can get monster info from interrogating some enemy scientists. Also, I plan to add ways to get monster corpses after the Final Solution.

(This of course doesn't address the fact that you lose this source of experience.)