aliens

Author Topic: [Answered] Any way to tell what facing was hit?  (Read 1334 times)

Offline Empiro

• Captain
    • View Profile
[Answered] Any way to tell what facing was hit?
« on: January 08, 2021, 10:18:58 am »
Like in the way of debug logs or so on (I don't mind reading off a text file log or something)? I've been playing X-Com and various mods on and off for many years, but since playing the latest OXCE with X-Com Files, I feel like my soldiers' side armors are getting hit way more when I'm facing the target (even when it's zero-offset directly in front). Just being slightly higher than the enemy (1 elevation higher, but many tiles away) results in the under armor getting hit often.

I'm aware that at times, your sides can get hit even when getting shot from the front, but I feel that lately, it happens way more often than it used to. I also realize that there's a certain amount of confirmation bias at play here (if I get hit but don't get hurt, it probably hit the front armor, and it wouldn't have damaged the armor, so I can't tell where it hit). Still, it'd be nice to be able to see and confirm this. If there isn't a way yet, but it can be done with a relatively simple script, I can probably figure it out if someone points me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 02:58:56 pm by Meridian »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Any way to tell what facing was hit?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 10:22:46 am »
Yes, you can make a script that outputs the info into the log file; or flashes a message on the GUI.