Author Topic: [ADDON] IGMA - Imperial Guard Mini Addon  (Read 7332 times)

Offline Buscher

• Colonel
    • View Profile
[ADDON] IGMA - Imperial Guard Mini Addon
« on: December 23, 2020, 08:24:52 pm »
Hi,
maybe some people saw it already. I have started creating a mod for 40k for the Imperial Guard adding/changing a few things.
Most notably so far are the Multilaser Sentinels, Veteran Officers and Adv. Carapace with integrated Hellpistol. There are also new sprites which I have tried to kitbash.

You can obtain it here

The changes are:
Code: [Select]
Version 0.282

- Added Multilaser Sentinel (IGMA_multi_laser_sentinel.rul)
  - Basic sentinel (open cockpit) with multilaser taken from the Chimera
  - Fires 5 rounds instead of 10 (only one barrel)
  - Can fire 2 salvos per turn
  - Currently uses the graphics of the Lascannon version.
  - New kitbashed graphic (bigobs) for the multilaser weapon
- Delayed Lascannon Sentinel in favor of Multilaser Sentinel (IGMA_research.rul)
- Added veteran officers (IGMA_veteran_officers.rul and IGMA_veteran_officers_carapace.rul)
  - Can be transformed from officers who qualify for veteran status or from any veteran
  - Starts with Adv. Carapace by default
  - Added graphics from Advanced Carapace for Others and kitbashed them. The mix with golden and white shoulder insignias was my choice.
- Added Hellpistol variant for Adv. Carapace Backpacks (IGMA_adv_carapace_hellpistol.rul)
  - requires no ammo
  - can't be dropped
  - if you want to use the armor variant you need a Hell Pistol which is not on any craft but in the base inventory instead
  - made a kitbashed graphic (bigobs) and used green laspistol for handobs
- Added light version for the heavy stubber and rebalanced the heavy stubber (IGMA_heavy_stubber.rul)
  - Heavy stubber (normal) has the same autofire range than the IG Heavy Bolter
  - Heavy stubber (handheld) is the same one as the Arbites with slightly increased autofire range
  - There is a manufacture project to turn normal version into handheld and vice versa
  - New kitbashed graphics (bigobs, handobs and floorobs)
- Added Hotshot to Mastercrafted Lasgun (IGMA_hotshot_mastercrafted_lasgun.rul)
- Made IG armors consistent (IGMA_rebalance_armors.rul)
  - Armors have the same stats modifiers, no matter if normal, medic or advanced
  - Advanced is the only exception, getting only positive modifiers
  - Carapace now have weight instead of lower strength. The bonus strength is compensated by weight
  - Lowered difference between Flak and Carapace by giving Flak only a bonus of 5 TU but Carapace a malus of 5 TU
  - Increased stamina for Flak and lowered stamina for Carapace to compensate (Alternative Movement Methods)
  - Commissar carapace got visibilityAtDark increased to the same value as the other carapace, assuming some headgear
- Fixed some pet peeves of mine (IGMA_pet_peeves.rul)
  - Sentinel Lascannon got a buff but still isn't as good as the other ones
  - Manufacturing process related to officer requisition gives a guard laspistol and not the blue one anymore
  - Autoguns have trainingmode 4 (100% firing) now. I get the idea why they have 50% but I don't like the implementation.

I try to keep the changes in specific *.rul files. This means it's possible to delete them if you don't like the features.
Please see the README file for specifics such as the credits.

If you got any ideas, find some bugs or have any other kind of feedback, feel free to post.

Offline Buscher

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [ADDON] IGMA - Imperial Guard Mini Addon
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 04:26:26 pm »
I have uploaded a new version 0.283

Changelog:
- added HWP slot to Grav Drop Valkyrie
- added a blue/purple version of the Hellpistol for Scions
- restructured files, so please remove the mod folder and recreate it
- added veteran medic armor as well as Scion variations (medic, officer, hellpistol, ...) including preview
- added mastercrafted heavy stubber belt and enabled mastercrafted shotgun shells
- added trades for kraken penetrator and metal storm for trade outpost
- added kraken penetrator and metal storm for light bolters. Also added ultra patterns for light bolters
- raised firing skill of NPC guardsman from 30 to 60 to give them a firing chance
- added more (missing) ufopaedia entries
- added shields to Psykers
- made (training) statcaps consistent for veterans and scions
- replaced vox with airstrike for officers (it's the Arbites one)

Enjoy!

Offline Doc

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 12:42:38 pm »
Good stuff mate, pity the guardsman indeed.

Offline Buscher

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 11:19:45 pm »
Good stuff mate, pity the guardsman indeed.

Thanks for the kind words.

New version 0.284 is up
- added Priest who can increase the melee skill of other units
- added Vindicare Assassins with the Exitus Rifle and special ammo
- changed the airstrike from v0.283 for officers to buff firing accuracy instead
- added an airstrike laser designator which requires an airstrike mission (ammo)
- added smoke and photon grenade drum for the grenade launcher
- added soldier 4 slots to the Tauros [might be too much but we will see]
- added aimed shot to Tauros lascannon turret
- changed the grenade launcher of the Tauros to use 5 different ammo types
  (frag, krak, incendiary, smoke, photon)
- added officer chainsword (thanks Leflair and Tal'Raziid)
- changed the flamethrower to have arcing shot.
- changed some of the IG missions to allow the Drop Transport and Tauros as transports.
- added the tag so Psykers and Priest can get devotion per mission
- added the possibility to drop the ultra pattern of the light bolter weapons
- added an ammo slot to Sentinel/Missile so it can carry additional missiles
- finally added an armor item for the adv. carapace hellpistol variant
- renamed the original Hellpistol to Master Crafted Laspistol
- added Vulture fighter/bomber craft

Offline Buscher

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2021, 10:33:44 pm »
New version 0.292 is up
v0.291
- Updated to 40k version 029
- Added handobs for laser designator (thanks ivandogovich for the improved hand objects)
- Fixed a few other issues

v0.292
- Added an Elysian-like Jump Armor
- Added Outposts with Transmission Decoder
- Halved costs for Veteran promotion
- Made weapons change the magazine color depending on ammo type
- Modified Heavy Stubbers, MC Lasgun, etc. to reflect that

Offline Thatguysenpai

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2021, 03:37:33 am »
Just wanted to say, been playing my latest IG run with this mod and I love it, the IG are always a bit of a struggle but this adds a lot of fun stuff for them to play with, while not really making them feel overpowered. Even with carapace armor a slugga can still just one-shot your best veteran general with max stats after all lol.

Looking forward to whatever else you plan to implement in the future!

Offline Buscher

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2021, 10:17:37 pm »
Hi! Thank you for your kind words. I am glad that you enjoyed me little submod together with the 40k mod.

I have a few projects in my mind and I am exploring some options currently. So maybe there will be something neat in the future.

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2021, 11:09:28 pm »
can you post a table of what is needed to be achieved by a guardsman for promotion?

how many missions? kills? stats? because I play quite long and not a single guardsman can be promoted to Veteran (I created the promotion stuff)
and if I hire a Veteran...then his stats are a joke...so I don't know what is needed to be achieved, and you even have more possibilities of promotion. (Veteran officer, etc)

I like also that you added acquisition of special units like the priest or jump guardsman, did you think about stuff like adding Kriegers or Catachan Jungle fighters ? who would get some special items and look....?

Offline Buscher

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2021, 11:26:54 pm »
For Veteran promotion the only thing that matters are stats. You will need:
60 TUs
80 Stamina
35 Health
60 Bravery
50 Reactions
80 Firing
55 Melee
If you use IGMA, there is a stat string mod that is telling you which kind of training they still need (except for TU, health, stamina and firing, but they usually come with time)
Officers promoting to Veteran Officers require the same. Veterans can always promote to Vet Officers. But you can turn Scions into Scion Officers too which are mechanically the same. They can gain rank 6 in the latest version too.
Also Scion's stats aren't so bad in general.

While Krieger and Catachans are interesting, I am more interested in mechanically different units than a few stats changes. Elysians can fly, Priests can buff, the Vindicare can pierce energy shields with the correct ammo.
If someone is willing to draw the sprites and give a few good ideas as to how integrate them (how to get them, what makes them special, what's required to unlock, ...), I am willing to put them into IGMA too.

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2021, 04:27:19 pm »
Thanks for the info, now I know that I need to improve bravery and/or Melee.

A different question,

there are the unique items that one can found in the Bunkers (or by with your addon)
I see and understood what are the different aspects of the bolters (use special ammo, got Aimed shot)

but I am puzzled with two lasguns, Lucius is clear - can use hellshot ammo and Vostroyan has good aim for Snap
but what is the benefit of the Alcatran and the Voss pattern? what am I missing

also you added the same price of 150k...who would buy a alcatran over a Lucius? (same for the Bolters...if they cost the same why buy the one without the aimed shot)

Offline Buscher

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2021, 05:27:04 pm »
The Voss pattern is basically a 2x1 Lascarbine.
The Accatran is a Lascarbine with higher snap range and slightly lower TU cost for snaps.
If you are curious about the specifics you can check out the LibreOffice Calc sheet (attached) I have lying around.

I don't expect players to think economically about the relic trades. These are mainly there so players can fit out their team exactly as they want by making them available in an easier way.

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2021, 06:37:00 pm »
If someone is willing to draw the sprites and give a few good ideas as to how integrate them (how to get them, what makes them special, what's required to unlock, ...), I am willing to put them into IGMA too.

I can try to make just a spritesheet for Krieg guardsman, if my amateurish "style" isn't too bad for overall quality of the rest of the sprites.

Example of how it could look:

Offline Buscher

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2021, 08:57:43 pm »
Hey, that's pretty good. I also like what you do in your thread.
If you like you can join us on the 40k discord (https://discord.gg/t2xHbRP). Feel free to contact me there.
I am sure that Leflair and Xom can give you further advise on spriting and maybe we end up working on IGMA or some other 40k mod together. We have a few ideas.

Offline Thatguysenpai

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2021, 11:32:29 am »
I did want to ask, what do the purity seal items you get from priests and psykers do exactly? I can't tell and they have no codex entry.

Offline Buscher

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2021, 01:24:23 pm »
Currently they are a vanity item. Looking nice is all they do right now.

With the latest version of OXCE it would be possible to make increase specific stats by having them in the inventory.
Or one could use them to create soldier bonuses to avoid the purity seal being handed from person to person endlessly.